Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bought a secondhand Saris H3 and now it's knocking
Quote | Reply
So I got a secondhand Saris H3 in August - the guy said he only put 100 miles on it (but who knows). Last week I rode Alpe Du Zwift and the H3 started knocking about halfway up. I rode it a couple more times with no knock and today it knocked again. Given this is secondhand, I don't have any warranty rights, but do I need to be concerned that something catastrophic is going to happen? I've seen multiple people post that there is a knocking thing, but never what the long term effects are...

I wrote this, you should read it:
https://www.slowtwitch.com/...n_Swimming_6700.html
Last edited by: tallswimmer: Dec 9, 20 14:19
Quote Reply
Re: Bought a secondhand H3 and now it's knocking [tallswimmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would contact the manufacturer and ask them for help troubleshooting. Even if you truly have no warranty coverage, I am finding that most companies do try to stand behind their products even when not required. It doesn't hurt to ask.
Quote Reply
Re: Bought a secondhand H3 and now it's knocking [tallswimmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My H1 did the same when I first got it. Worked fine for a couple months then would knock at times. Saris thought it was the belt. They sent a new belt and the fan pulley. It's been fine for 2 or 3 years now. Good luck !
Quote Reply
Re: Bought a secondhand Saris H3 and now it's knocking [tallswimmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had something similar with my H3. It's not catastrophic.
Mine does it very rarely, but it always goes away.

I got a support email from Saris who sent me a document on how to fix it yourself, but I can't recall what the fix was.
Quote Reply
Re: Bought a secondhand Saris H3 and now it's knocking [tallswimmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
... on heaven's door ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine did it. It eventually rode out. I now have maybe 15k miles on it in silence.

24 Hour World TT Champs-American record holder
Fat Bike Worlds - Race Director
Insta: chris.s.apex
Quote Reply
Re: Bought a secondhand Saris H3 and now it's knocking [cmscat50] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks all - good to know I'm not going to have a computrainer-like flywheel explosion.

I wrote this, you should read it:
https://www.slowtwitch.com/...n_Swimming_6700.html
Quote Reply