Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

normatec hip attachment, any feedback?
Quote | Reply
ive been using compression boots for a while, pretty big fan. i can tell when im not using them. they're not magic, but they def help.

just curious if normatec's hip attachment is just BS to sell another product, or is it a legit recovery tool? hips and glutes work just as much as legs, it would be nice to have something to work those muscles in a very lazy way as well.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: normatec hip attachment, any feedback? [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
damon.lebeouf wrote:
ive been using compression boots for a while, pretty big fan. i can tell when im not using them. they're not magic, but they def help.

just curious if normatec's hip attachment is just BS to sell another product, or is it a legit recovery tool? hips and glutes work just as much as legs, it would be nice to have something to work those muscles in a very lazy way as well.

Imho pretty much all the others vendors have a better hip attachment than the Normatec but in general I will say that hips is a pretty low usage area for me. While the idea of hips sounds really nice the feedback from others as well is they aren't used all that often. I will often just use a lacrosse ball if I really want to dig into the hips. Regardless I hope to see some other posters so I can gather some more feedback. As for the Normatec specifically, I just don't like the way it is cut and fits. Too bad different systems aren't interchangeable.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought the hip attachment along with the boots when I bought the system. I think I've used it a grand total of two or three times. It's just uncomfortable and doesn't seem to do much for me. I call it the "fart squeezer" as that's about all it seems to do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Both my daughter (primarily after swimming practice) and I (mostly after longish ride) use the hip attachments, and they are about the same as the leg as you described: I know when I am not using them. Overall, it's been pretty useful for us both. OTOH, the shoulder thingy just don't work that well. In theory it should but in practice, after putting it on, it's hard to find a comfortable position so we quit using them.
Quote Reply
Re: normatec hip attachment, any feedback? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the hip attachment as well and I do think it helps. Sometimes I actually think it helps more than the boots. I don't wear them as long as the boots, I'll only do the hip attachment 20-30 minutes where sometimes I'll have the boots on up to an hour, but I think they help. I tend to have tight hips and need work in that area; I also get a lot of massage work and that's a constant area of focus.

Just my .02
Quote Reply
Re: normatec hip attachment, any feedback? [treknv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
treknv wrote:
I have the hip attachment as well and I do think it helps. Sometimes I actually think it helps more than the boots. I don't wear them as long as the boots, I'll only do the hip attachment 20-30 minutes where sometimes I'll have the boots on up to an hour, but I think they help. I tend to have tight hips and need work in that area; I also get a lot of massage work and that's a constant area of focus.

Just my .02

Thanks for the feedback :)

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We got the hip attachment after the fact and glad we did. I don't use it much but my wife uses it ALL THE TIME. Anytime her sciatica acts up, a session in the hip attachment and she's back to normal. Huge plus for her. We both use the leg attachments probably 6 out of 7 days a week and she uses the hip probably 2 times a week. As others have stated, its not a miracle cure all, but you can sure tell when you are NOT using the system. Feels great the day of the workout much like a massage, but the following day is where it shines.....you feel much more recovered.

Cheers, Ray
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tried both the leg and hip attachments once at the finish line after 70.3 Chattanooga a couple of years ago, and both were fine but I wasn’t convinced. About 7 months ago I got the basic leg setup and loved it. On a lark around Black Friday I thought I would buy and try the hip attachment. Wow - glad I did that! The hip attachment is now my go to. I feel cramping and pain in my right glute both during and after hard or long bike or run training and the Normatec hip attachment provides great relief and therapy, meaning that my glutes feel better after and the next day and future training goes better than without it. At least that’s how I feel after owning it for about 3 weeks. I recommend it for folks with muscle tightness or pain in their glutes or upper thighs.
Last edited by: tedtri: Dec 23, 21 19:05
Quote Reply
Re: normatec hip attachment, any feedback? [tedtri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
That is solid feedback and I am glad you are getting some use out of it. Do you use other targeted tools for the hips?

Yes I have 2 triggerpoint balls (the vibrating one and the larger foam one) that I roll with when the glute gets really sore.

How about you?
Quote Reply
Re: normatec hip attachment, any feedback? [el gato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
el gato wrote:
I bought the hip attachment along with the boots when I bought the system. I think I've used it a grand total of two or three times. It's just uncomfortable and doesn't seem to do much for me. I call it the "fart squeezer" as that's about all it seems to do.

^^^This.

Legs. All the time. Love 'em.

Hips. Too cumbersome and uncomfortable to use. Would probably give them away to someone who paid shipping and bought me a beer.
Quote Reply
Re: normatec hip attachment, any feedback? [JFHJR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JFHJR wrote:
el gato wrote:

^^^This.

Hips. Too cumbersome and uncomfortable to use. Would probably give them away to someone who paid shipping and bought me a beer.

What kind of beer you like? I'd love to try them....

Kiwami Racing Team
Quote Reply
Re: normatec hip attachment, any feedback? [JFHJR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JFHJR wrote:
el gato wrote:

^^^This.

i’ll buy you a whole case and pay shipping!

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply