Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone have pics of small "portable" start ramp?
Quote | Reply
Anyone have pictures of a small "portable" start ramp?

I put portable in quotes because preferably I'd like to be able to disassemble it and toss it in the back of the SUV. Kind of like some of those extended vehicle ramps with flat sections and some plywood sheeting and a roll of industrial carpet. Those ramps you use to drive your car on for driveway oil changing that are like a foot tall.

Whatcha got?

I do have a full size hitch on this vehicle. Would just prefer to not get into licensing a trailer.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone have pics of small "portable" start ramp? [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We used to put on a 1st Saturday of July TT to celebrate the start of the Tour, the city of Utica used to let us close down one side of the parkway for a few hours for this and we have a start ramp. One of our club members is a building contractor and designed and built it to be "portable". It is in quotes because the platform is 8x8 feet, its about 4 feet high and has a 16 foot ramp, and several hundred pounds, basically it fills the back of a full size pickup when it is disassembled, so not very easy to get into the back of an SUV.

Anyway, I have pictures somewhere on a hard drive that I will dig out and post when I find them.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone have pics of small "portable" start ramp? [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We used to put on a 1st Saturday of July TT to celebrate the start of the Tour, the city of Utica used to let us close down one side of the parkway for a few hours for this and we have a start ramp. One of our club members is a building contractor and designed and built it to be "portable". It is in quotes because the platform is 8x8 feet, its about 4 feet high and has a 16 foot ramp, and several hundred pounds, basically it fills the back of a full size pickup when it is disassembled, so not very easy to get into the back of an SUV.

Anyway, I have pictures somewhere on a hard drive that I will dig out and post when I find them.
Quote Reply