Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Good temporary tri bike position until bike fit?
Quote | Reply
Hi all, wanting to consult the hive mind of triathlon if my position looks decent enough to get me to my bike fit next week with a couple of sessions between now and then? feels good, probably could do with 10mm higher risers at the front, but thinking that's quite a small difference so should be fine until said bike fit. only got side on, as not worried about the aero at the moment just if its a decent starting place.

video here;

video 2;
Last edited by: TommyBTri: Dec 9, 20 9:27
Quote Reply
Re: Good temporary tri bike position until bike fit? [TommyBTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We can barely see you.
1. Move the chair.
2. Move camera back.
3. You look like your legs are barely extending at all. You might be a are person that has their seat too low.

Just my thoughts.
Quote Reply
Re: Good temporary tri bike position until bike fit? [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry! Things a bit packed in around my turbo, I’ll try to get a better video! Can’t do much about phone position, but I’ll try! My toes are quite pointed downwards because that’s what kinda felt right, but it’ll be clearer if I can get a better vid👍🏻
Quote Reply
Re: Good temporary tri bike position until bike fit? [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
littlefoot wrote:
We can barely see you.
1. Move the chair.
2. Move camera back.
3. You look like your legs are barely extending at all. You might be a are person that has their seat too low.

Just my thoughts.

I think the position looks pretty good for not having a bike fit.

I would agree that the seat post could be raised a bit.
Quote Reply
Re: Good temporary tri bike position until bike fit? [TommyBTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Video 2 added to OG post, hopefully a combo of both gives a decent idea!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TommyBTri wrote:
Video 2 added to OG post, hopefully a combo of both gives a decent idea!

I would try raising the saddle a bit, lowering the aerobars a bit and moving the saddle forward a bit. Just minor adjustments for each.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Back/cockpit look good. The saddle looks a bit low, but really need to see down to the foot at full extension (6:00) to get a better sense.

If you are comfortable/no niggles, leave it as-is prior to the fit.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply