Quote | Reply
https://www.255triathlon.com/

Discuss?
Quote Reply
Re: 225 Triathlon [Adman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure...
Some good aspects
- all sited in 1 location (no PITA split transition)
- mechanical problems don't have to kill your day as a repair must be easy enough to get.
- all closed to traffic.
- I assume the course is pretty flat (don't think Goodwood is a 'park' ccircuit with up/down) as its an old RAF airfield (like Silverstone).

Some not so good...
- must be boring AF to ride 112 miles on a tarmac race track.
- even more boring AF to run on the track after biking it.
- draft-central. With the max 300 racers on a 3.8km circuit that averages 12.6m per person. That's never going to work.

But good in the organisers to try it. Hope it goes well for them.
Quote Reply
Re: 225 Triathlon [Adman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If this was 70.3 distance I would sign up now! Great venue, yes it may get repetitive but the safety, convenience and conditions make up for that! Also if family come and watch they actually get to see you!
Quote Reply
Re: 225 Triathlon [JCow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JCow wrote:
If this was 70.3 distance I would sign up now! Great venue, yes it may get repetitive but the safety, convenience and conditions make up for that! Also if family come and watch they actually get to see you!

Yeah. Great idea.
I'd be much more up for a Half on somewhere like that.
I'd love to see one on a 'park' track like Donnington (I know OSB operate a duathlon at Oulton Park).
I've swum and biked at Mallorca Park. Good for a sprint or Olympic, but too short a track for a half or full.
Quote Reply
Re: 225 Triathlon [BobAjobb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BobAjobb wrote:
JCow wrote:

Yeah. Great idea.
I'd be much more up for a Half on somewhere like that.
I'd love to see one on a 'park' track like Donnington (I know OSB operate a duathlon at Oulton Park).
I've swum and biked at Mallorca Park. Good for a sprint or Olympic, but too short a track for a half or full.

Mallory Park? Raced a draft legal race there which was pretty good provided it stays dry.
Quote Reply