Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Unofficial Slowtwitch 2020 Threads of the year awards (and more)
Quote | Reply
Step right up and nominate your favourite. (max of three / category)

• Thread (s) of the year.
  • Troll of the year.
  • Post of the year.
  • Quip of the year.
  • Poster (person) who writes posts and instigates threads of the year.

You don't have to give reasons why, but you don't have to do one-legged drills either, but people still do.

http://www.fitspeek.com the Fraser Valley's fitness, wellness, and endurance sports podcast
Quote Reply
Re: Unofficial Slowtwitch 2020 Threads of the year awards (and more) [Hydrosloth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you intend these nominations to be forum specific?

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Unofficial Slowtwitch 2020 Threads of the year awards (and more) [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Naw, let's open it up to all. Let the cream rise...

http://www.fitspeek.com the Fraser Valley's fitness, wellness, and endurance sports podcast
Quote Reply
Re: Unofficial Slowtwitch 2020 Threads of the year awards (and more) [Hydrosloth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thread = HOLY SHIT DID TRUMP JUST SAY THAT

I mean - its 104 pages long. Its the gift that keeps on giving....
Last edited by: y_nigel: Dec 4, 20 8:14
Quote Reply
Re: Unofficial Slowtwitch 2020 Threads of the year awards (and more) [y_nigel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Link for those that don't go in the lavender room?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not to brag on myself, but I think I won already

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=7325121#p7325121

mjpwooo wrote:
RandMart wrote:
Speaking of Lopez, and his nickname

As we all know by now, he received the nickname Superman after thieves [I've heard variations on the story: it was either two or four] tried to steal his bike while he was on a training ride, and although he was stabbed in the leg, he would not relent and fought them off

In last year's Giro, he punched out a fan who got in the road and knocked him off the bike

I dunno, but close-in, mano a mano combat [and anger issues, possibly?] sounds like more of a Batman thing to me

This is the best and most accurate comment ever on Slowtwitch.

Thank you, and goodnight

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Unofficial Slowtwitch 2020 Threads of the year awards (and more) [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Best post of the year nominee: Gustav Iden in the Challenge Daytona prediction thread...

Guiden wrote:
CVH1296 wrote:
BigBoyND wrote:
CVH1296 wrote:
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but it’s always funny to see when AG athletes chime in on Strava to tell the pros they’re doing it wrong. From Gustav Iden’s last few workouts posted...

“Wow. Seems like an intense ride for a taper week?”

“Odd taper hope that works out for u Sunday”

There are bad apples who make pros shy away from the public, including fans who would provide positive interactions for pros. If you're a pro, there is no scenario where these comments are net-positive, so why do people post it? I wouldn't share my workouts either with know-it-alls and trolls getting in your head.

If you're a fan, why are you casting doubt on your guy? If you're a troll, why not live life doing something more productive?

I don’t think it’ll really cast any doubt on guys like Iden but rather just found it amusing... Think it’s safe to say it’s pretty certain Gustav Iden knows better on what Gustav Iden should be doing race week than a random AG guy.

Aside from any of this, very excited just like most to be watching this on Sunday. Should be some outstanding racing.

Can confirm. Gustav Iden knows what Gustav Iden should do.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Unofficial Slowtwitch 2020 Threads of the year awards (and more) [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I laughed out loud. Very funny.
Quote Reply
Re: Unofficial Slowtwitch 2020 Threads of the year awards (and more) [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jaretj wrote:
Link for those that don't go in the lavender room?

Ive achieved two pieces of wisdom in the 44 years I’ve walked the earth. Get out a pen, these are really important:

1: forgive your parents for the mistakes they made or your destiny will be to make them yourself.

2: don’t go to the lavender room. Just Don’t.
Last edited by: ajthomas: Dec 6, 20 6:39
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thread of the decades - Strange Denizens of the Pool
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If I may, self-aggrandizing though it may be... This was nominated rather early this year.

I'm 51, and just had a 5x coronary artery bypass graft (cabg) surgery with no prior symptoms

dtoce wrote:
Tom_hampton wrote:
J7 wrote:

you deserve to get the contributor of the year award

Does that come with fame and fortune, and everything that goes with that?

I agree, if there was one.

Freddy, we know it hasn't been a bed of roses or a pleasure cruise, but I'll bet on you in this case...Good luck tomorrow.
Last edited by: Tom_hampton: Dec 6, 20 6:17
Quote Reply
Re: Unofficial Slowtwitch 2020 Threads of the year awards (and more) [Rumpled] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rumpled wrote:

Close, but the shit myself while running definitely floats to the top of the list

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Unofficial Slowtwitch 2020 Threads of the year awards (and more) [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:
Rumpled wrote:

Close, but the shit myself while running definitely floats to the top of the list

Oh, there is a thread for this? I need to contribute to it...

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Unofficial Slowtwitch 2020 Threads of the year awards (and more) [barrec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sometimes it's the cream that rises to the top

sometimes it isn't CREAM

Quote Reply
Re: Unofficial Slowtwitch 2020 Threads of the year awards (and more) [Rumpled] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rumpled wrote:

T3 should be a contender for thread of decade.
Quote Reply
Re: Unofficial Slowtwitch 2020 Threads of the year awards (and more) [barrec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes there is, and it's a thread that will make you feel way better about yourself if you're having a bad day. If you don't crack a smile at least once, maybe let out a chuckle or two, I'd be surprised. The storytelling ranges from very simple to very in depth. One of the more recent commenters shared a lovely narrative about a tree on the IM Lake Placid run course that may never be the same, and a few comments down has a google maps insert showing the location. Ya know, just so we can be forewarned if we ever get to race that course again in the near future.
Quote Reply
Re: Unofficial Slowtwitch 2020 Threads of the year awards (and more) [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:
Rumpled wrote:

I think that really depends on how much fiber you eat.
Quote Reply
Re: Unofficial Slowtwitch 2020 Threads of the year awards (and more) [Tri Bread] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri Bread wrote:
Rumpled wrote:

T3 should be a contender for thread of decade.

Which decade? T3 was back in 2012; we're in the 2020s now

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Unofficial Slowtwitch 2020 Threads of the year awards (and more) [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think one other addition can be made:

3. Should you choose to patronize such an establishment, choose the stripper WITHOUT the glitter.

"I drank what?!?!" - Socrates
Poor Swimmer. Weak Cyclist. Slow Runner.
TriDot Ambassador / Sacramento Triathlon Club
Quote Reply