Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

iPhone 12 mini
Quote | Reply
My 11 has been acting very un-iPhone like, super buggy, not responding to the touch screen, major lag in text entry, etc. I've wanted the smaller size iPhone for a while now and this may be the time.

Any mini users out there? Reviews?

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: iPhone 12 mini [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
My 11 has been acting very un-iPhone like, super buggy, not responding to the touch screen, major lag in text entry, etc. I've wanted the smaller size iPhone for a while now and this may be the time.

Anecdotally all of this is happening to my 10 now too. They completely overhauled text input to also accept writing, so I highly suspect we’re suffering through new growing pains another phone may not fix. Id try before you buy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Haven't touched one yet but it sure looks like an iPhone and I suspect that it operates like an iPhone.

What are you looking for? Have you read any reviews on CNet?

https://www.cnet.com/news/iphone-12-mini-versus-iphone-se-2020-apple-budget-phones-compared-5g-price-differences/

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My theory is they always get buggy as new ones are released. They get better a few months later.

That said I’m planning to get a mini and there was another thread where someone reviewed one. There seems to be some touch screen issues when in a case with a screen protector they say can be fixed with software based on reviews. I usually wait at least two software pushes after release to buy.

ETA looks like they fixed this one https://screenrant.com/...n-fix-ios-14-update/
Last edited by: Moonrocket: Dec 1, 20 6:47
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This may not be helpful, but I ordered one on Black Friday that is to arrive tomorrow.

Have been a long time android user, coming from a Samsung Galaxy S7 that needed replacement and the reviews indicated this was the "best" small phone. The wife is on apple and I use one for work, so thought I would switch it up.

Will let you know what I think after I get it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I upgraded from an 8 plus to the regular iPhone 12. To me the size seems very good. Significantly smaller than the 8 plus but with bigger display. I considered the mini because I wanted a phone with better one handed use. But the 12 is a good size IMO.
Quote Reply
Re: iPhone 12 mini [daustin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
daustin wrote:
I upgraded from an 8 plus to the regular iPhone 12. To me the size seems very good. Significantly smaller than the 8 plus but with bigger display. I considered the mini because I wanted a phone with better one handed use. But the 12 is a good size IMO.

Good to hear. I'm thinking the 12 is my next one.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is a subreddit at Reddit.com/r/iphonemini

I was using an original IphoneSe and considered the Mini- because I like a small phone

I read some of the posts concerning battery life - the people in the sub seemed happy that the battery would last one day. I'm not

Instead I switched to Android and am using a Moto G Power - the battery on this phone is 5000 MAH and I can get two days out of the battery

I would have preferred Apple- but it's twice the price for half the battery.
Last edited by: ChiTownJack: Dec 1, 20 9:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:

Works just fine and no issues with it. Battery life has been fine when at work. Only issue I have is the missing home button. Going from a 5SE to something without the home button has taken some time to get used to. Wish there could be a fingerprint button, face recognition doesn't work with mask on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:

I went form the iPhone 8 to the 12 mini, couldn't be happier. The form factor is so nice, I can stick them in the jersey pocket or whatnot with no issue. It's fast and so far none of the bugs I've been seeing on my iPhone 8 or my daughter and wife's iPhone 11 (after upgrading to the latest iOS). Highly recommended. I think this is the iPhone Steve Jobs would approve.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can I piggyback your post?

I’ve got a 6Plus, so it’s big. What’s the equivalent 12 or 11 to the size of what I have now? My phone is on its last legs... need to get a new one sooner than later.

Harry: "I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this."
Loyd: "I was thinking the same thing. That John Denver's full of shit, man."
Quote Reply
Re: iPhone 12 mini [RockyMtnChic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Probably the regular 12. Smaller footprint but similar screen size.

drn92
Quote Reply