Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zwift glitchy 845AM EST
Quote | Reply
I was just having some issues with Zwift where the graphics weren't running smoothly. Never had this issue before. Haven't had any issues with my laptop and it's not all that old (Apple MacBook Pro purchased early 2018).

Anyone else have issues on Zwift around this time?
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift glitchy 845AM EST [teichs42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I get it occasionally when the world I'm in or the area of the route I'm on is really crowded, but it's only momentary. One good example is if I'm going passing or being passed by a large group ride blob.

That said, last week (I think it might have been Thursday?) I was getting major lag at the end of the my ride. Like 2-3 seconds of freeze, ghost bikes, etc. Ended up having to use Windows task manager to close Zwift and somehow was able to recover my ride file, but it was VERY annoying and completely un-rideable.

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift glitchy 845AM EST [gmh39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gmh39 wrote:
I get it occasionally when the world I'm in or the area of the route I'm on is really crowded, but it's only momentary. One good example is if I'm going passing or being passed by a large group ride blob.

That said, last week (I think it might have been Thursday?) I was getting major lag at the end of the my ride. Like 2-3 seconds of freeze, ghost bikes, etc. Ended up having to use Windows task manager to close Zwift and somehow was able to recover my ride file, but it was VERY annoying and completely un-rideable.

Interesting. This was for a good 5 minutes at least. Nothing shut down or got stuck. It was just a bit choppy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First question would be what OS/platform.

I run on Windows, dedicated PC, and stream video to a second TV. When the video stream cuts to adverts then I get a pause, and if I get unlucky and my antivirus decides to do an update that has a habit of causing some issues with juddering graphics until I pause that.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift glitchy 845AM EST [Duncan74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duncan74 wrote:
First question would be what OS/platform.

I run on Windows, dedicated PC, and stream video to a second TV. When the video stream cuts to adverts then I get a pause, and if I get unlucky and my antivirus decides to do an update that has a habit of causing some issues with juddering graphics until I pause that.

I'm on a MacBook Pro. I want to say OS High Sierra but I'm not sure about that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh, that’s when I was vacuuming out the dusty UPS cabinet, you know how these things go at Jetson’s HQ. sorry for the disrupted experience.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This has been happening to me since Monday, timing yesterday corresponds to when I was on as well. I've never seen so many people around me at once, and it wasn't getting any less crowded the more I rode. Everything including the timer has been moving half speed...Thought it was my older laptop, but sounds like this is a bigger issue. Haven't tested picking the world with the least amount of people yet, but am considering alternate options because it's not even usable for me at this point.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift glitchy 845AM EST [pw10] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pw10 wrote:
This has been happening to me since Monday, timing yesterday corresponds to when I was on as well. I've never seen so many people around me at once, and it wasn't getting any less crowded the more I rode. Everything including the timer has been moving half speed...Thought it was my older laptop, but sounds like this is a bigger issue. Haven't tested picking the world with the least amount of people yet, but am considering alternate options because it's not even usable for me at this point.

Interesting. Maybe I'll choose a less used world next time too. Luckily mine wasn't as bad as it seems yours was
Quote Reply