Re: Help Me Pick New Disc Wheels! [Chan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oops, this is the disc brake version
https://mybikeshop.com/...-wheelset-white.html
Quote Reply
Re: Help Me Pick New Disc Wheels! [twain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah I'm looking for disc/XDR

Currently HED and Reynolds are on top of my list.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can’t really go wrong with HED. But, I would still go with the Reynolds. You will get a better hub, slightly lighter wheel and less expensive wheel if you buy Reynolds through Jim.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Once I have started riding disc brakes (and didn't have to worry about brake tracks), I starting buying chinese brand wheelsets. I've got a pair of Far Sports and a set of Light Bicycle and they are both great wheelsets. Whilst they are Chinese, I would say they are both now well established brands - if you have a look on weight weenies you will see years long threads of people with good experiences of these.

You should be able to get a good set suitable for 28mm tires for well under $1,000 delivered
Quote Reply
Re: Help Me Pick New Disc Wheels! [bluebottle81] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah I almost ordered a trispoke from them because of the good reputation they have.

I'm just thinking if I'm spending $1000 shouldn't I spend it on HED or Reynolds?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Width was one key factor for me - for your 30mm tire light bicycle falcons are 32mm wide whereas hed/reynolds are 25-28mm.

I also like being able to fully customise the wheels in terms of hubs, spokes, hooked/hookless, holes/no holes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have owned a few sets of FFWD wheels over the years. Would recommend you give them a look too.
Quote Reply
Re: Help Me Pick New Disc Wheels! [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Couple good references for Jim - would like to get in contact with him but am a newcomer so not sure about his ST handle or shop name. Could someone help me get in touch? Thank you!
Quote Reply
Re: Help Me Pick New Disc Wheels! [mrfreeze] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Message him here-he is on the site frequently
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chan wrote:
jimatbeyond wrote:
Have you looked at Reynolds?
They're on my list. I like the brand, but never owned their wheels. Quick search found me the 58/62 for $1040 so not a bad deal.

I have two sets of Reynolds Aero. I like the wheels and LOVE that Continue GP5000TL ..... on and off by hand and an easy single tire lever. I got ride of some DT’s as tired were a PITA.
Quote Reply
Re: Help Me Pick New Disc Wheels! [MKirk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MKirk wrote:
Chan wrote:
jimatbeyond wrote:
Have you looked at Reynolds?
They're on my list. I like the brand, but never owned their wheels. Quick search found me the 58/62 for $1040 so not a bad deal.

I have two sets of Reynolds Aero. I like the wheels and LOVE that Continue GP5000TL ..... on and off by hand and an easy single tire lever. I got ride of some DT’s as tired were a PITA.

Decided on Reynolds just today. AR 58/62
Quote Reply

Prev Next