Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What SUV/Pickup/Car/Van is best to carry my bike IN ? [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I looked at one before buying my last car. No roll down rear windows was the deal breaker

See your bike fit. https://bikefitr.appspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: What SUV/Pickup/Car/Van is best to carry my bike IN ? [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well shit, that sucks. I fell hook, line , and sinker. Oh, well, it's a new Honda Crv for me; great for my tribike.
Quote Reply
Re: What SUV/Pickup/Car/Van is best to carry my bike IN ? [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
are you talking a full size pickup or colorado, tacoma size?
Quote Reply
Re: What SUV/Pickup/Car/Van is best to carry my bike IN ? [swim_corey_run] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Prob a full size, the bikes won't fit as well in the back of a compact pickup.
Quote Reply
Re: What SUV/Pickup/Car/Van is best to carry my bike IN ? [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
logella wrote:
TheRef65 wrote:
This is where I wish I still had my Honda Element. They had all kinds of gear you could mount on that thing and my gear easily fit inside. Alas, not many people wanted the box on wheels.

I'm still rolling around in my 2006 Honda Element with about 150k miles on it. I absolutely love that car. I bought it used in 2008 with about 20k miles on it. All three of my kids have driven it as their first cars (I reserved weekend rights for MTB and gravel rides) and it was great for them. It's pretty indestructible and just the right amount of power (i.e. not much) for them to stay out of trouble. My youngest graduates and leaves for college this summer and I'm so excited because I'll get it back full-time.

Btw, there are persistent rumors that Honda will be bringing it back sometime soon. I'll be first in line at the dealership.

I would fight you for first in line if that were true, but it's a long running hoax. Here's a different source than the one I quoted above.

https://fifthelementcamping.com/blog-articles/2020/7/7/new-element
Quote Reply
Re: What SUV/Pickup/Car/Van is best to carry my bike IN ? [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have nothing of value to add other than to comment that used truck prices are insane right now.
Quote Reply
Re: What SUV/Pickup/Car/Van is best to carry my bike IN ? [greenlawnracing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
by insane you mean insanely high?
Quote Reply
Re: What SUV/Pickup/Car/Van is best to carry my bike IN ? [swim_corey_run] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, used truck prices are exceptionally high. Used cars in general, especially.
Quote Reply
Re: What SUV/Pickup/Car/Van is best to carry my bike IN ? [Cookiebuilder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cookiebuilder wrote:
F150 with a tnue cover FTW. i will never not own a truck and the f150 is the best

If you want a light duty truck. The ram trx is the best. The raptor is a nice second. The f150 or ram 1500 is a nice “car” with a bed.

If you want a real truck. Go 350/3500 depending on your preferred brand.
Last edited by: B.McMaster: Dec 2, 20 17:57
Quote Reply
Re: What SUV/Pickup/Car/Van is best to carry my bike IN ? [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not 100 percent on anything yet. But definitely not used
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Minivan or van is going to be your best bet.

If you're dead set on AWD/4WD, the Toyota Sienna comes in AWD. Otherwise a Honda Odyssey, Dodge Grand Caravan, etc. would all work with a set of good winter tires.

The other option would be go for a 4x4 Mercedes Sprinter or AWD Ford Transit, or something similar.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Audi Sportback
Quote Reply
Re: What SUV/Pickup/Car/Van is best to carry my bike IN ? [hubcaps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any chance you could post a photo? I'm in the market for a new car to replace my 2005 Xterra workhorse, and one of the requirements is the car's ability to transport my upright bike inside. I've looked at Outbacks on the road and wondered if they might work. Would love to see how you fit your bike inside.
Quote Reply

Prev Next