Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Mckinsey proposed rebates for oxy overdoses
Quote | Reply
McKinsey Proposed Paying Pharmacy Companies Rebates for OxyContin Overdoses https://nyti.ms/3q6cgjR

Seriously. What the absolute fuck.

Do businesses have any moral or ethical responsibility.
Quote Reply
Re: Mckinsey proposed rebates for oxy overdoses [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess the business ethics courses in those high powered MBA programs must have been optional ...

This is what you get after preaching “maximize shareholder value” for the last 30 years.

drn92
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:
McKinsey Proposed Paying Pharmacy Companies Rebates for OxyContin Overdoses https://nyti.ms/3q6cgjR

Seriously. What the absolute fuck.

Do businesses have any moral or ethical responsibility.

Has anyone got a link to the 2017 slides? The way this is being reported, including by the nyt, it almost sounds as though McKinsey we’re proposing rewarding retailers. I’m not sure how much better this would make it but I *suspect* they were proposed more as prospective indemnity payments. As I say, maybe a distinction without a difference but I’d like to see the slides.

"Are you sure we're going fast enough?" - Emil Zatopek
Quote Reply
Re: Mckinsey proposed rebates for oxy overdoses [Bretom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That’s what I’m thinking, except you’re not supposed to insure against your own intentional bad acts. Knowing that the pills were terribly addictive & overprescribing them anyway is intentional conduct. Collecting money for every failure is so reprehensible.
Last edited by: CallMeMaybe: Nov 28, 20 12:40
Quote Reply
Re: Mckinsey proposed rebates for oxy overdoses [CallMeMaybe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CallMeMaybe wrote:
That’s what I’m thinking, except you’re not supposed to insure against your own intentional bad acts. Knowing that the pills were terribly addictive & overprescribing them anyway is intentional conduct. Collecting money for every failure is so reprehensible.

No argument from me on any of that.

"Are you sure we're going fast enough?" - Emil Zatopek
Quote Reply
Re: Mckinsey proposed rebates for oxy overdoses [Bretom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They did an "office space" at my company a number of years ago, we kicked them out after a few months and eventually had to reverse what they had done. They SUCK.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it literally would have been blood money, a bounty paid for each individual who died abusing the drug they supplied.

i don't understand how the rebate would have been framed to make it palatable -- to offset against bad publicity within the community, sales loss, possible legal action . . . or something else?
Quote Reply