Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Doing a TR workout in Zwift, through TP
Quote | Reply
Hello, as far as I know it is not possible to do aTrainerroad workout in Zwift (so with companion app too) as there is not specific export option.
I am actually following a TrainingPeaks schedule, which is synced daily to Zwift, so before starting my ride, I push E and select my dailiy TP workout and then I am ready to go.
My question is: if you sync TR to Trainingpeaks, can you then find and do the workout in Zwift without any problem? Anyone doing this?

thanks for your answer
Quote Reply
Re: Doing a TR workout in Zwift, through TP [PaulGico] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TR is one-way sync as far as I know. So you won’t get TR workouts in TrainingPeaks, you’ll only get TrainingPeaks workouts pushed into TrainerRoad.

What I’ve done in the past is run TR on my phone controlling the trainer, then connect to Zwift via laptop, with both/either syncing to TP for the analysis. I did that with two power sources, like this:
1. TR + mobile app + Kickr and
2. Zwift + Stages + laptop for the entertainment.

I THINK you can set two signals with many Bluetooth power devices and then use the same power for both Zwift and TR while controlling the trainer with TR, but I could be wrong about that.

Otherwise you have some overhead of creating a TR workout copy on TrainingPeaks and then using that workout Zwift, which is definitely doable.
Quote Reply
Re: Doing a TR workout in Zwift, through TP [mitchellgsides] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You have to create the TR workout in training peaks and it will be a custom workout in zwift.

Notably you need the premiums option even after you’ve created the workout. In other words, if you don’t have premium you can’t cut and paste an old workout to a new day in tp have it pushed to zwift.
Quote Reply
Re: Doing a TR workout in Zwift, through TP [PaulGico] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been creating my TR workouts in Zwift. Their workout creator is annoying to use, but a hour or 2 at the start of a new traininy plan and I can have all the workouts created and ready to go.

Strava
Quote Reply