Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Chloe Dygart Social Media Reprimand from Canyon-SRAM-Rapha [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
boobooaboo wrote:
In a shocking twist, people can choose who to support and follow on social media and in sport! People are entitled to their opinions, even if offensive. The 1A clearly protects this. Even the ACLU, who in the past a team of mostly Jewish lawyers represented a nazi hate groups’ right to (peacefully) march and protest.

You may want to get with the program. This extraordinary ACLU guy does not look very jewish:

This is what the ACLU does (and it shows a sampling of their legal expertise). Again, not super jewish.
"The Fight" trailer (which, by the way, is a beyond OUTSTANDING flick, and it's on hulu for free):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkhJ7ukCCXY

while I get your post, please remember, Judaism is not an ethnicity, it is a religion :) See "Happiest man in the US"

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Re: Chloe Dygart Social Media Reprimand from Canyon-SRAM [jt10000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jt10000 wrote:
triguy86 wrote:
Because the mob supports these things. Please buy our clothing. We’ll sacrifice Chloe if necessary. Gross.

Companies wanting not wanting to be represented by bigotry about gender or sexuality or race is gross?

And mob?

Yeah, I HOPE more of the public call out bigotry and ask for the companies they buy from to do better.
If that's a mob, great.

x1000

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Last edited by: DarkSpeedWorks: Nov 29, 20 9:06
Quote Reply
Re: Chloe Dygart Social Media Reprimand from Canyon-SRAM [triguy86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2020 isn't all bad.
Bike racing is no longer a safe space for racism.

https://www.aquickbrownfox.com/...but-it-is-not-enough

Last edited by: jstonebarger: Nov 29, 20 9:46
Quote Reply
Re: Chloe Dygart Social Media Reprimand from Canyon-SRAM [jstonebarger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jstonebarger wrote:
2020 isn't all bad.
Bike racing is no longer a safe space for racism.

https://www.aquickbrownfox.com/...but-it-is-not-enough

It wasn’t before 2020 either 😂
Quote Reply
Re: Chloe Dygart Social Media Reprimand from Canyon-SRAM [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
jt10000 wrote:
triguy86 wrote:
Because the mob supports these things. Please buy our clothing. We’ll sacrifice Chloe if necessary. Gross.

Companies wanting not wanting to be represented by bigotry about gender or sexuality or race is gross?

And mob?

Yeah, I HOPE more of the public call out bigotry and ask for the companies they buy from to do better.
If that's a mob, great.

x1000

Yup. Calling out racism is pretty much universally supported. This isn’t that.
Quote Reply
Re: Chloe Dygart Social Media Reprimand from Canyon-SRAM [Benv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Benv wrote:
triguy86 wrote:
Benv wrote:
triguy86 wrote:
Benv wrote:
triguy86 wrote:
Man this is a very obvious attempt to side with the mob. This is “we will gladly throw Chloe Dygert under the bus if you please just don’t smash our windows”. This is cancel culture. Congrats. Welcome to 2020.
Why are you such a cry baby? You may not even know the whole story but you keep whining about the unfairness of it all. How do you even know what's going on?

Because I’ve read about it? How does anyone know?
By being part of the contract negotiation on behalf of Canyon-Sram, or their legal team, or PR representative, or her management company, or Rapha sponsorship representative, Rapha legal team, etc etc etc.

But probably not by following her on social media, no, or 'reading about it'.

Yea that makes zero sense. Nobody can have an opinion on anything unless they’re actually part of the company or legal team. Gotcha. 🤦🏻‍♂️
I'm replying to your question how one can know what the real story is. That has nothing to do with one's opinion on the matter. I guess you didn't understand your own question, lol.
I seem to understand much more of this than you. That’s apparent.
Quote Reply
Re: Chloe Dygart Social Media Reprimand from Canyon-SRAM [jt10000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jt10000 wrote:
triguy86 wrote:

Companies wanting to no be not wanting to be represented by bigotry about gender or sexuality or race is gross?

And mob? Yeah, I HOPE more of the public call out bigotry and ask for the companies they buy from to do better. If that's a mob, great.

If only there was actual bigotry or racism at play here.
Quote Reply
Re: Chloe Dygart Social Media Reprimand from Canyon-SRAM [triguy86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triguy86 wrote:
Yup. Calling out racism is pretty much universally supported. This isn’t that.

Dog whistles and apologists. "Gross."
Quote Reply
Re: Chloe Dygert Social Media Reprimand from Canyon-SRAM-Rapha [SteveMc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SteveMc wrote:
This recent mini-documentary on a women's Paris-Roubaix featuring Christine Majerus, see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PYx5k_xpzQ, is rather telling. She's friendly, polite and enthusiastic but that Quick Step rider seems to be a total tool, and why was he there in the first place? Wet, cold weather and an all round road/cycle-cross rider like Christine would have a legitimate shot at being the first women's winner, a great result for a tiny country like Luxembourg. She's a big enough star not to need some validation by a male pro.

It's a course recon for the French GCN and they chose to have both a male and female French participant for the documentary. Not sure what the issue is you see with Senechal - he would have been a contender had the race taken place. He's the typical Deceuninck-Quickstep classics rider who's gonna win more big races in the next few seasons.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by windschatten [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: windschatten: Nov 29, 20 17:49
Re: Chloe Dygert Social Media Reprimand from Canyon-SRAM-Rapha [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Companies do whatever they can to make people buy their products. Rapha thought that the statement they made would have a net-positive result to their bottom line. Pretty simple.

Now whether the people behind the statement actually believe it..?
Quote Reply
Re: Chloe Dygert Social Media Reprimand from Canyon-SRAM-Rapha [NAB777] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NAB777 wrote:
Companies do whatever they can to make people buy their products. Rapha thought that the statement they made would have a net-positive result to their bottom line. Pretty simple.

Now whether the people behind the statement actually believe it..?

Correct, they know they have a cult following, and so they count on mollifying to be the best course of action.
Quote Reply
Re: Chloe Dygert Social Media Reprimand from Canyon-SRAM-Rapha [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gasp, not the dreaded like button again. I bet if she liked a few anti government anti Potus comments she'd be stunning and brave and lauded

but that damn like button gonna get ya every time and I for one am offended
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windschatten wrote:

Correct, they know they have a cult following, and so they count on mollifying to be the best course of action.

Rapha is mainstream now. Not a cult following. It was a cult following maybe circa 2010 when it was a favorite of cycling fashion connoisseurs. Now someone wearing Rapha is no more out-of-place than Castelli or anything else.
Last edited by: trail: Dec 1, 20 12:18
Quote Reply

Prev Next