Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Every Trisuit is the "fastest" but which ones are the best? (black friday trisuit showdown)
Quote | Reply
hi there, almost every brand now claims to make the fastest most aero trisuit. but which ones actually feel and fit best to those that have worn them?

Drag2zero
castelli
HUUB
NoPinz
FE226

please let me know how your trisuits fit and feel. i want something fast on the bike to save time but also comfy and with some pockets or a split liner for pit stops
Quote Reply
Re: Every Trisuit is the "fastest" but which ones are the best? (black friday trisuit showdown) [LordFarquuad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ll add two more, Trimtex and BioRacer.

Got the Trimtex a few months ago at 33% of RRP. Super comfortable, not too worried about pockets.

BioRacer on order, they are doing small volume customs for my rowing club (which has a number of alumni cyclists and triathletes). Had to buy one because it looked cool.
Quote Reply
Re: Every Trisuit is the "fastest" but which ones are the best? (black friday trisuit showdown) [LordFarquuad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got a Huub aero trisuit that fits and feels great. Only used for a duathlon so far but definitely a big upgrade from my dhb aeron.
Quote Reply
Re: Every Trisuit is the "fastest" but which ones are the best? (black friday trisuit showdown) [TommyBTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've tried the Huub Anemoi is a M and L. Both had loads log wrinkles on the arms and shoulders, just not working for me.

It was comfortable and well made.

I've been racing in a Virklon suit which has been super comfortable and minimal wrinkles on the arm and shoulders, so likely to go back to them.

You have to try the suit on as fit is everything.

http://www.tri-monkey.co.uk
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I haven’t tried everything on your list but I didn’t think Huub was comfy at all. I would consider Castelli to be comfy. But, my OwnWay Apparel Trisuit is noticeably more comfortable than both. Rear pockets and split top. Silky feel on the arms. And fully customizable.
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Nov 28, 20 5:50
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tested the HUUB Anemoi size M, which was too big for me. It did pretty well even then. I've heard that the Anemoi+ is ~ 2w faster.

All the suits are going to be faster than a sleeveless kit or 2 piece kit. At least for 98% of all triathletes.

I've seen the exact same suit test as much as 13w different on 2 different people so you can't really go by manufacturers numbers, This applies to more than just suits btw.
(I've done a lot of manufacturer testing, almost all are above board, some, well...)

When it comes time for me to get a new suit, I typically do is order in 4-6 suits then test them in the tunnel.

That's the suit I've been racing in the last two seasons, actually since 2015 has been the Kiwami Spider (full disclosure I've done several testing sessions for Kiwami and had input into the original spider design) and now Spider 2 LD Aero. This is the probably the suit I'm wearing in 2021. Sure there was a suit that was 2w faster at -10yaw but not 0 last time I tested which isn't enough for me to worry about.

Now if you're not coming to the tunnel to test with me, I think everyone should, and you're not going to field test, then you should buy 4-6 suits. Yeah it's going to cost you a bit to ship back. Been there, done that USPS thanks you.

Try each suit on, ride on your bike indoors a bit, look how it fits especially around the shoulders. How does it feel? Is it comfy?

Keep the suit that seems to fit the best and is then the most comfy to wear. Bonus points if it makes you look intimidating or color coordinates with your bike, bar tape, helmet & shoes.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Last edited by: desert dude: Nov 28, 20 7:54
Quote Reply