Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wireless ear bud reccomedations
Quote | Reply
Just got a watch with music capabilities and looking for ear buds. Air pods are very popular but aren’t water proof. Not planning on going swimming (are there some that you can swim with?)with mine, but I do plan on get super sweaty with them. Any recommendations?
Quote Reply
Re: Wireless ear bud reccomedations [Swimsucks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have some jbl sports ear buds that have made it through long sweaty runs. They seem to hold a charge well and sync easily with my garmin245 music.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jabra elite active 65 or 75. I have both. I have been in a rush and accidentally taken them in the shower a couple of times and have definitely done some sweating on them. They keep ticking along. I have killed several bt headphones in the past and haven't had a single problem with my three pairs of Jabras.

The 75 has a longer battery life, is smaller (and fits better under earbands or a hat) and I like the case better. Otherwise, the 65t can be found at unbelievable prices.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Swimsucks wrote:
Just got a watch with music capabilities and looking for ear buds. Air pods are very popular but aren’t water proof. Not planning on going swimming (are there some that you can swim with?)with mine, but I do plan on get super sweaty with them. Any recommendations?

Ears buds are very use-case specific, however, I haven't had any problem with Apple Air Pods Pro in Florida heat and humidity which I would classify is unbeatable in the US, maybe deep deep Louisana could be worse. FWIW, I am an Apple Hater, however as an Apple hater, the noise-cancelling feature is best-in-class and has me sold for the time being. Amazon must have sold a bunch today, cause they aren't in stock, but the BF $169.99 price is unbeatable. I ordered a second pair.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Last edited by: Thomas Gerlach: Nov 26, 20 17:14
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have really like the Bose Sport Earbuds. I sweat a ton and haven't had any problems with them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm a HUGE fan of the Aftershokz models. They are sweat proof, but the best and biggest future if that they are bone conduction, so aren't blasting volume down the ear canal. (see hearing loss with time). Also one can hear the outside world if necessary. All of us in the shop I work at have gone to them and they have been bulletproof and really awesome to use. I used mine on the trainer today and they just work well; pair easily, have good tonal range, allow hearing if necessary and withstand tons of sweat.

Kiwami Racing Team
Quote Reply
Re: Wireless ear bud reccomedations [playguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
playguy wrote:
I'm a HUGE fan of the Aftershokz models. They are sweat proof, but the best and biggest future if that they are bone conduction, so aren't blasting volume down the ear canal. (see hearing loss with time). Also one can hear the outside world if necessary. All of us in the shop I work at have gone to them and they have been bulletproof and really awesome to use. I used mine on the trainer today and they just work well; pair easily, have good tonal range, allow hearing if necessary and withstand tons of sweat.

Hearing loss can occur with loud volumes, regardless of the type of earphone. There isn't a commercial MP3 player/earphone combo that is going to be loud enough to cause eardrum damage, but it doesn't matter anyhow, because that's not where the damage happens. Hearing damage occurs in the cochlear, which is subject to the same damaging vibrations through bone conduction as it is through sound that hits the eardrum.
Quote Reply
Re: Wireless ear bud reccomedations [playguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
playguy wrote:

I have the Aeropex most current-gen model. It's really well designed, and does what it claims to do very well.

I have however been surprised with how NOT useful I find the open-ear design. I've posted about this before, but when I run outside, both wind and especially car noise is SO loud that it drowns out what your are listening to, particularly podcast/audiobooks. On a normal traffic commercial street, it's almost useless without earplugs in. Even on my home TM, I have to put in earplugs to make it not annoyingly hard to hear the content. If I were running mostly on trails or empty streets with no background noise, these would be great, but turns out I really like the mild to moderate noise blocking of normal earbuds. I wouldn't recommend these for triathlon training as a result.

I thus prefer my Airpods Gen1 over these for tri and will probably even try a noise-canceling earbud soon even for outdoor running despite the risks since I seem to be able to hear cars so well; I have noise-canceling non-sport cans for home use and I'm sure that since one can turn the overall volume so much lower with noise-canceling, even reduced background noise won't be a problem in terms of cars outdoors. (Lots of folks including youtube runners use noise-canceling on streets with cars now and even recommend them.)

The Aeropex open ear is great for car listening though if you have wife and kids who want to listen to their own stuff so you can't play on the car speakers.
Last edited by: lightheir: Nov 27, 20 5:18
Quote Reply
Re: Wireless ear bud reccomedations [dangle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dangle wrote:
Jabra elite active 65 or 75. I have both. I have been in a rush and accidentally taken them in the shower a couple of times and have definitely done some sweating on them. They keep ticking along. I have killed several bt headphones in the past and haven't had a single problem with my three pairs of Jabras.

The 75 has a longer battery life, is smaller (and fits better under earbands or a hat) and I like the case better. Otherwise, the 65t can be found at unbelievable prices.

I was also shopping for earbud for training, The Aftershockz had me interested but I settled on the Jabra Active 65T today. They were recommended by a number of people and the BF price was good.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AirPods Pro are sweatproof from what I’ve read and I have used them. Love the transparent feature so I can hear around me as well. Everyone loves the AfterShokz that has them. I was always wondering about the over ear and impact on sunglasses but friend says non issue so on my list.

I miss you "Sports Night"
Quote Reply
Re: Wireless ear bud reccomedations [H8to wrk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
H8to wrk wrote:
I was also shopping for earbud for training, The Aftershockz had me interested but I settled on the Jabra Active 65T today. They were recommended by a number of people and the BF price was good.

I hope you enjoy the Jabras. I liked them so much I bought a pair for home and work...which are now the same place.

I hated Aftershokz and they may be the only product I have ever used and returned. You couldn't hear anything when you were moving fast or around things generating noise. That includes treadmills or the gym. I don't want the open ear design in most situations. Just around the neighborhood when running and dog exercising. The Jabra 'hear through' works amazingly well at walking/jogging/running speeds. Just a quick tap (or 2x tap on the 65) and it's on or off. You can even tell the direction noise is coming from. Useless at biking speeds, but so were the Aftershokz (for me). So convenient to hear or have a quick conversation without removing earbuds.
Last edited by: dangle: Nov 27, 20 6:56
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another vote for Jabras – I recently bought the Elite Active 75t earbuds after my old Jaybird X2s died. So far, I can't say enough good things about the Jabras. Even the active noise cancellation (available with a firmware update using their app) works pretty well for reducing the noise coming from my Lemond Revolution hometrainer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the Aftershokz Aeropex and LOVE them. They quickly became an all day every day set of headphones for me as they're open ear so I can still have conversations, hear people/things etc and continue working while on hold or even having a conversation on the phone.

ig - @servicecourse_evv
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AiPods Pro are awesome. No issues with sweat and the noise cancelation is great. The functionality is improved from the original AirPods as well, especially if you're an iPhone user.
Quote Reply
Re: Wireless ear bud reccomedations [duncan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
duncan wrote:
Another vote for Jabras – I recently bought the Elite Active 75t earbuds after my old Jaybird X2s died. So far, I can't say enough good things about the Jabras. Even the active noise cancellation (available with a firmware update using their app) works pretty well for reducing the noise coming from my Lemond Revolution hometrainer.

Another vote for the Jabra 75t’s. I sweat a ton so went with the “Active” model which is more water resistant. Liked them enough that I just bought another pair for my wife.
Quote Reply
Re: Wireless ear bud reccomedations [MKirk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just picked up a pair of JLab Epic air Sport ANC, and I think they are fantastic.
I use them for Zwift so they get lots of sweat, they have Active Noise canceling for when you want that, and a Be Aware setting that lets you hear outside noises so great for outdoor running or riding.
Best Buy has them half off today (Black Friday) I imagine they will be on sale through Monday.

----------------------------
http://www.instagram.com/cyclewise
Quote Reply