Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

3T Exploro RD Hanger Replacement .... Gerard V HELP!
Quote | Reply
I have a new 2020 3T Exploro and love the bike. Unfortunately, I need to replace the RD hanger. (its not the older model 'hang loose' version) I've checked the 3T parts list on their website, scoured the internets, and can't find one anywhere. I also submitted a 3T tech support ticket for a replacement hanger..... no response so far.

The closest I can find is the Wheels Mfg 3T Strada replacement hanger:
https://wheelsmfg.com/...eur-hanger-377.html#

This one looks very similar so if anyone can confirm its compatible I would greatly appreciate it. thx

tinman
Quote Reply
Re: 3T Exploro RD Hanger Replacement .... Gerard V HELP! [tinman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Weekend bump to see if any 3T Exploro in the know folks see this.

tinman
Quote Reply
Re: 3T Exploro RD Hanger Replacement .... Gerard V HELP! [tinman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wheels is usually pretty awesome about answering this type of question. Have you asked them?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i pinged a couple of folks. you should get your answer here.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: 3T Exploro RD Hanger Replacement .... Gerard V HELP! [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i pinged a couple of folks. you should get your answer here.

I know a guy, that knows a guy! :-)

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Tinman, my personal assistant (AKA Slowman) alerted me to your message. Are you in the US? In that case the hanger is here: https://us.3t.bike/...anger&results=41

For the rest of the world, it's the same URL except no "us" in front of 3T. Right now the hanger is in stock in the USA and out of stock elsewhere, although that should be rectified soon.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Re: 3T Exploro RD Hanger Replacement .... Gerard V HELP! [gerard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Gerard - thanks so much for hopping on the thread. (and, thanks to Dan for the watchful eye and having 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon, of sorts!)

I have the 2020 Exploro so do not have the 'hang loose' version of the hanger. I was wondering if this one from Wheels Mfg (Strada replacement) is the same hanger as on my Exploro:

https://wheelsmfg.com/...eur-hanger-377.html#

I couldn't find the 2020 Exploro replacement hanger anywhere online. (I am in USA)

Thanks for the help! I love my Exploro, by the way. Beautiful craftsmanship and attention to detail. And the bike's versatility is awesome.

Regards,

tinman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hi Tinman, not the same angle for the wheel to drop out, so that won't work. I'll send you a DM to solve this.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hopefully this is a preventative purchase rather than a repair purchase. If so, I commend you for your preparation. I’m a strong believer in always buying a hanger as soon as I get a new bike just in case I ever need it. Knock on wood I never had but it’s a relatively small price to pay to be prepared. I also always carry it with me buried deep in the saddle bag.
Quote Reply