Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What’s in your cranberry sauce??? [Moonrocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Moonrocket wrote:
CallMeMaybe wrote:
With respect to your recipe or any recipe, would a blender work as well as the food processor or the grinder attachment of a mixer?

Good point! We do have a blender.

But it’s my mom’s recipe and Thanksgiving was her big holiday and it’s the first year she’s not here. So I think I just want to do something different this year. And Jello sounds pretty fun- but sounds like I need a blender for that too.

This is the one time a year I actually use my grinder attachment but I think you could use anything. You just want to make sure the cranberries are finely chopped. You don't want to bite into a big chunk of raw, unsweetened cranberry.
Quote Reply
Re: What’s in your cranberry sauce??? [CallMeMaybe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A simpler cranberry jello:

1 small box orange jello; dissolve in 1 c boiling water. Mix with one can of whole-berry cranberry sauce; then mix in 1 can (drained) of mandarin oranges. Top with walnuts.

That last bit is controversial; my wife hates nuts in jello. So, we always leave some portion of the jello nut free.

Scale up as needed for larger crowds.
Quote Reply
Re: What’s in your cranberry sauce??? [schroeder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
edbikebabe wrote:
Quote:
Whole cranberries, water, sugar, orange. Bring water/sugar to a boil, add cranberries. Simmer for 20ish minutes, add orange (zest/juice whatever you like). Cool and eat.
Same. We pick wild cranberries (not that anyone could tell the difference).

That's neat. I didn't know wild cranberries existed. Where do you live?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: What’s in your cranberry sauce??? [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
edbikebabe wrote:
Quote:

Whole cranberries, water, sugar, orange. Bring water/sugar to a boil, add cranberries. Simmer for 20ish minutes, add orange (zest/juice whatever you like). Cool and eat.
Same. We pick wild cranberries (not that anyone could tell the difference).

That's neat. I didn't know wild cranberries existed. Where do you live?

Central Mass. Yeah, I didn't know they existed either until a friend told me about their secret spot.
Quote Reply
Re: What’s in your cranberry sauce??? [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
edbikebabe wrote:

I do the same, but add a little cinnamon and orange supremes.
Quote Reply
Re: What’s in your cranberry sauce??? [noskcaj46] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
noskcaj46 wrote:
Moonrocket wrote:
noskcaj46 wrote:
Mine is jello not really sauce but my kids love it: cherry jello, orange juice, cranberries, 1 orange and 2 appples.

I need more info on how you do this please!!!

This might be what 2020 needs!

It's really easy:
2 boxes of sugar free cherry jello
3/4 cup of sugar
2 cups of boiling water
1/2 cup orange juice
1 cup of cold water
1 orange plus the zest
2 apples
1 bag of cranberries

Dissolve jello and sugar in 2 cups of boiling water. Stir well. Add 1 cup of cold water and 1/2 cup of orange juice. Refrigerate until jello starts to get slightly firm. I use the grinder attachment on my mixer and grind up the cranberries, apples and orange (although the orange doesn't work very well in the grinder). Stir the orange zest into the fruit. Add the fruit to the jello when it is partially firm.

We really enjoyed this! I think it’s going be an annual thing! I had one box of regular cherry - so used that and halved everything else.

Thank you!!!
Quote Reply
Re: What’s in your cranberry sauce??? [torrey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
torrey wrote:
In my family, no one touches it unless you can still see the ridges from the can.

Ha. Yes.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: What’s in your cranberry sauce??? [wesley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Even simpler! I looked in the cupboard and found a box of cranberry jello. Didn’t know it was there.

I mixed it w/ a box of strawberry jello in order to extend it. I didn’t go to the store so I can’t add blended real cranberries. I have craisins but my kids are kind of picky. Mandarin oranges might fly.

I’m debating adding mini-marshmallows because my grandmother used to put them in jello when we visited. I’m feeling nostalgic. She used to make crazy, frothy, whipped cream, bowls of lumpy sweet stuff. What a sweetie.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Moonrocket wrote:
I need a new cranberry sauce since mine requires a food processor and I don’t have one available.

So- what’s in your cranberry sauce?

.. a few years ago I followed a recipe that included shredded jalapenos

.. don't make that face

.. it was outstanding as complement to the blandish taste of turkey.

RayGovett
Hughson CA
Be Prepared-- Strike Swiftly -- Who Dares Wins- Without warning-"it will be hard. I can do it"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Glad to hear you liked it!
Quote Reply

Prev Next