Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

True intentions revealed - Cowardice
Quote | Reply
I was reviewing the grievance filed by those who lost the USAT election and their "Request For Relief". It was quite revealing as I believe it indicated their true intentions and motivations.

1) Of course, nullification of the election. Not an analysis of the law, not an analysis of the by-laws, not an anaylsis of the facts. God forbid they ask for any of that - no, ignore that and simple nullify the election.

2) That an investigation be launched against three candidates who beat them...no one else, just those three. Interesting, what about the other people who ran (including the losing and winning candidates who filed the grievance) ? Why shouldn't their tactics be investigated? Wouldn't they want the USAT membership to know whether or not they personally collected ballots or had ballots collected on tehir behalf? Why stop at the 2003 elections? If any of them ran in the previous election(s) and used the same methods - then they should face the same punishment they are now seeking (which brings me to the largest issue below)? Or are they above reproach even if campaigning under the same procedures they now denounce others for using?

3) That Jim Girand, Val Gattis and Diane Travis be, among other things, issued a "disqualification from running for office". Oh - so that's it. They don't want an election, they want to run unopposed. They realize that the USAT membership has already voiced its opinion as to who they feel should sit on the board, so they can't leave it to the USAT members to decide anymore. No, they have already found out they can't beat these people in an election. So, why not just take out the election and just waltz into the seats? A true act of cowardice - don't try to face an better opponent, just have them removed from the competition. And they want to run a sports governing body?!

4) Money. Yes, they want the USAT to pay for them engaging in all this - your dues, my dues, everyone's dues. That seems fair.

Alan
Quote Reply