Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Which bike and wheel combination should I keep?
Quote | Reply
Through various circumstances I have ended up with two bikes and two wheelsets. First of all my background. I do time trials only. Not tris.

First bike:
2008 Cervelo P3C
Dura Ace Derailleurs, Zipp Vuma Quad Cranks, Original Hed Aerobars
Used but in very nice condition

Second bike:
2010 Focus Izalco Chrono
Full Ultegra drive train, 3T Mistral aero bars
Hard to believe but literally brand new. Never been out of box or assembled

First wheelset:
Original Hed 3
Perfect condition

Second wheelset:
Hed Jet 6/9
Almost new

Cervelo P3C I have had for a while and fits great. Can set up Focus to fit exactly the same.

Have ridden both wheelsets in high winds and am completely comfortable with both of them.

What combination should I keep and which should I sell and why?

Thank you for your input.
Quote Reply
Re: Which bike and wheel combination should I keep? [SRT-4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Keep the P3c, hed jet 6/9. Still a super fast bike if set up right, seriously doubt the focus compares well to it. Especially if you can make some cash from selling the focus and put a modern bar on it and a tririg brake, that's a fast bike. And the hed jet 6/9 are wider and better able to handle modern, fast rolling tires so they'll roll faster and be more comfortable. Cool as the tri spoke is, I also feel like the jet is just as fast anyway.
Quote Reply
Re: Which bike and wheel combination should I keep? [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I second this, I'd keep the cervelo and the 6/9

That said I'd keep the 3s as well, and throw them on a road bike.

As to the trispoke comment, from what I've read it sounds like the Jet 9 is definitely faster at greater yaw, and possibly faster head on on the flats too, but if so slightly.

I have both but mostly use the trispoke for eye candy.
Quote Reply
Re: Which bike and wheel combination should I keep? [dfquigley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I greatly appreciate the input so far. Not trying to be argumentative as I asked for the advice but I did some research and no less than Gerard Vroomen himself said in the past that the Izalco Chrono was one of the few bikes equal to the P3C. It was a designed by Andy Walser and was used rebadged by several riders including Jan Ullrich. Does that change any opinions on the Focus?

As far as keeping one wheelset I already have a set of Hed 5's on one road bike and a set of Hed 6's on another road bike. I know I have a problem with buying too much stuff. I just can not justify keeping both the 6/9 set and the trispokes.
Quote Reply
Re: Which bike and wheel combination should I keep? [SRT-4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
P3C with a decent front end is probably as close as dammit as fast as many modern "superbikes". You can make it very clean indeed with a few mods (aero stem, tririg front brake, for example), and some bravery with a drill.

Not knowing what the original Hed bars are like, have you given any thought to moving the 3T Mistrals across to the P3C?

Here's mine. I do admit I am a total Cervelo P3C fanboy.

Cheers, Rich.

Quote Reply