Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

If you took a gravel bike to death valley in the winter you would...
Quote | Reply
ride where with it?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: If you took a gravel bike to death valley in the winter you would... [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Titus Canyon Road
Don’t ride off-road in the monument – can be big fine.

Proud member of FISHTWITCH: doing a bit more than fish exercise now.
Quote Reply
Re: If you took a gravel bike to death valley in the winter you would... [HalfSpeed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HalfSpeed wrote:
Titus Canyon Road
Don’t ride off-road in the monument – can be big fine.

Good call. Lot's of point to point riding, but hard to get a loop together. And water is still a challenge.

I'd throw in Greenwater Valley Road, just for the mileage (30).
Quote Reply
Re: If you took a gravel bike to death valley in the winter you would... [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
apologies for a minor redirection of this thread but my wife has a photography trip to Death Valley planned for next October and has asked if i want to go with her and ride my bike. I only have 2 old road bikes that won't take anything bigger than a 25mm tire and a very inexpensive (and old) cyclocross bike that isn't ideal for riding all day but is indestructible. Have been procrastinating over getting a new bike fir about 3 years and this could finally give me the push to commit.

Was thinking of getting a gravel adjacent bike (Domane for example) for riding on poor roads or dirt tracks or just for long rides at home. Any reason this wouldn't be ok to ride in Death Valley ...or would a road geometry gravel bike be better.
Quote Reply