Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post tib shin splints / strain.... aggravated by bike?
Quote | Reply
Hey all, I'm always battling what appears to be post tib shin splints on both legs, pain running up the inside of the bone/calf area.

One odd thing I've noticed, is that while I usually feel the pain while running, I seem to experience it much less when I'm doing very -low- bike volume.

I do notice sometimes while I seem to, without realizing it, be pulling the inside of my foot up while pedalling (think tilting the foot to the outside and muscles on inside lower leg tensed). I use speedplays if it matters - I've tried switching to shimanos and just can't get used to them (-long- time speedplay user...).

Is it possible that I have something wrong with the shoe/cleat/pedal setup? Anything specific I could try, anyone experience this?

Thx!
Quote Reply
Re: Post tib shin splints / strain.... aggravated by bike? [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First thing that comes to mind is saddle height
Quote Reply
Re: Post tib shin splints / strain.... aggravated by bike? [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you wear compression socks? Have large calf muscles?

When I get out of shape and start back up the same things happens to me. I have found compression keeps my calf's from moving in weird ways and they heal much faster. After about a month I have no pain and no longer wear them but when I first start back from the off season they are a big help.
Quote Reply