Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Rear Hydration Systems
Quote | Reply
I just got a new to me Cervelo P2. And I'm looking for a rear hydration system. Preferentially I would rather not spend hundreds of dollars on this thing haha. I've of course been looking at the XLab system. What I need to be able to do is the following:
Must be able to mount garmin varia
Need one bottle
Need one gear bag.

I already tried to mount my rear bag I have and the Garmin varia won't fit.

Thanks in advance
Quote Reply
Re: Rear Hydration Systems [klorene] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use an XLab Super Wing for attaching bottle cages, etc. For the Varia, I installed a Garmin Edge stem mount at the rear of the cage. The stem mount is intended to mount a Garmin computer on the top of your bike stem, but it also works perfectly to hold your Varia. You’ll need to find a matching washer and nut to attach this to the Super Wing.

The Super Wing isn’t cheap but it’s very versatile.

https://www.amazon.com/...le?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shapeways has a variety of 3D custom garmin mounts for Cervelos that you may want to look at. I'm using a seat post mount for the varia on the tri bike. Uncoupling the varia from everything around the back of the seat made things a lot cleaner and easier for me.
Quote Reply
Re: Rear Hydration Systems [shotts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got the varia mounted a couple mins ago with the rubber band thing. It's on there rock solid.

So my rear system just needs to extend back and not down.

That seat tube is the real deal. Lol
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm using a Topeak Tri-Backup system for my bottles. All my spares I keep in a Torhans VR. This leaves me room to just put the Garmin on the seat post.
Quote Reply
Re: Rear Hydration Systems [Traket92x] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any issues losing bottles?

Does the Torhnans VR go at the bottom of the frame?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Haven't lost a bottle yet. I've been extremely happy with it, and the inverted cage design makes bottle insertion easy.

The Torhans goes within the frame triangle. I'll have to dig up a photo of how this is mounted this afternoon.

Here is a comment I made on a prior post:
I'm just running two liquid bottles in the rear since my parts are in a Torhans VR on the down tube. I have the Tubebag and it works as shown, but the issue I run into is that I have a large light that interferes with the Tubebag. When I'm using a Varia instead, there is enough space for the Tubebag. The built in tire levers are worthless, you can scrap those. Depending on what tools you want, you might be able to get away with a mix of:
- Tri-Backup Air Station
- Tubebag
- Ninja Toolbox T16 (look in the Ninja Master Series. Haven't confirmed the comparability, but the Tri-Cage picture shows the tubebag in use)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How much seat post do you have sticking up? If enough, rubber band varia to the bottom of the seat post and then just do normal BTS set up.
Quote Reply