Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Training Log Outage
Quote | Reply
Hey Slowtwitchers!

We're being forced to migrate our Training Log to a new set of IP addresses today (when your provider says your options are to move or to cancel service, you just kinda have to go ahead).

The change is complete, but the DNS (the service that says "training.slowtwitch.com points to x.y.z") is being slower to update. Please stand by while we get this resolved.

We expect to be fully back in a couple of hours (or less, depending on where you are geographically).

Thanks, and carry on with your workout efforts!!

-Eric
Quote Reply
Re: Training Log Outage [EricTheBiking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yer Killin' me, smalls!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nooooooooooooooooooo!!
Last edited by: BT_DreamChaser: Nov 21, 20 10:32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
EricTheBiking wrote:
Hey Slowtwitchers!

We're being forced to migrate our Training Log to a new set of IP addresses today (when your provider says your options are to move or to cancel service, you just kinda have to go ahead).

The change is complete, but the DNS (the service that says "training.slowtwitch.com points to x.y.z") is being slower to update. Please stand by while we get this resolved.

We expect to be fully back in a couple of hours (or less, depending on where you are geographically).

Thanks, and carry on with your workout efforts!!

-Eric

Get off my lawn!

I remember when registrars updated twice a day. Now DNS zones are reloaded every few minutes. The update latency is probably due to downstream DNS servers cache and your records' TTL.
Quote Reply
Re: Training Log Outage [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh crap...I need to enter my workouts or it feels like they never happened....OK OK OK....maybe an excuse to train more when the log comes up (not that any of us would do something like that)!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Training Log Outage [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Oh crap...I need to enter my workouts or it feels like they never happened....OK OK OK....maybe an excuse to train more when the log comes up (not that any of us would do something like that)!!!

Dev you run an AI company, what kind of thing is this manual entry you refer to... time to get on Strava! That way your workouts happen no matter what goes on with STs web infrastructure!

Are you ready to do an Ultraman? | How I calculate Ironman race fueling | Strength Training for Athletes |
Quote Reply
Re: Training Log Outage [robgray] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
robgray wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:

Dev you run an AI company, what kind of thing is this manual entry you refer to... time to get on Strava! That way your workouts happen no matter what goes on with STs web infrastructure!

Haha...I am so teched out during the day, that some things are nice to do handraulically !!! (plus if I get on Strava, I'll just end up wasting more time online doing sports stuff).

Hey, what's on deck for Ultraman Hawaii weekend? How about 10km swimming spread over 3 days and 42.2km running spread over 3 days?
Last edited by: devashish_paul: Nov 21, 20 12:03
Quote Reply
Re: Training Log Outage [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:

Hey, what's on deck for Ultraman Hawaii weekend? How about 10km swimming spread over 3 days and 42.2km running spread over 3 days?

Good idea - I think I can probably manage that. And we will leave the 261 miles of biking to the following week :-)

Are you ready to do an Ultraman? | How I calculate Ironman race fueling | Strength Training for Athletes |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
we're back up.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Training Log Outage [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whew! I was having a serious ocd attack. I can't deal with my 4 training logs being out of sync.

I wasted half the day trying to refresh the st log.
Last edited by: Tom_hampton: Nov 21, 20 15:06
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom_hampton wrote:
Whew! I was having a serious ocd attack. I can't deal with my 4 training logs being out of sync.

I wasted half the day trying to refresh the st log.

you cannot afford any kind of serious attack. your serious attack gave me a serious attack. chain reaction.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Training Log Outage [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oops. Sorry. Bad choice of words. :o)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom_hampton wrote:
Oops. Sorry. Bad choice of words. :o)

Good lord, I'd need a DOUBLE heart badge for your leaderboard entry.

-Eric
Quote Reply