Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

FS: HED Jet 6 Black; Trek Madone 2018 rim brake 60cm *frameset*; Trek Domane SLR 2017 rim brake 58cm
Quote | Reply

[URL="https://imgur.com/a/fSSpKqU"]more pictures[/url]

Round and true, brake tracks in excellent condition.
20/28 spokes.
includes:
Original HED titanium skewers
valve extenders
one (1) continental gp 4000s II 23mm tire w/tube (decent life remaining)

$900 + 50 shipped conus, or local pickup in Boulder

Trek Madone SL 60cm

Frameset is in great condition. Sale includes frame/fork/headset/seatpost/brakes/bottom bracket, both mechanical and di2 downtube trapdoors, and sundry plastic accouterments
Frame: OCLV 600 carbon, 60cm, H2 fit (this geo no longer available on current model year)
asking $1500 shipped conus (-100 for pickup in boulder)

pics: https://imgur.com/a/tytHBO9

This is an outrageously fast and smooth bike, and still the fastest road bike that money can buy (see `2016 Trek Madone` in `Lightness vs Aeroness` graph). I'm selling because I've got no plans to race in my future, I have too many bikes, and I can't justify this one if I don't race. The frame's in great condition and I could only find one paint chip (pictured, inside of fork blade). Total mileage as per strava is 6k. Oh yea, and "never been crashed" :p This is the only road bike I've ever owned that I can say has never gone rubber side up.

Quote:
and now for something completely different

Trek Domane SLR 58cm

Selling as mostly complete bike (minus wheels, saddle, pedals) or frameset
Whole shebang - $1650 shipped CONUS
Frame/fork/headset/seatpost - $850 shipped CONUS
(-100 for pickup in Boulder)

Component rundown:
Shifters, derailers: Dura Ace r9100 (mechanical)
Crankset: Ultegra 8000 34/50 175mm
Brakes: Bontrager Speed Stop Pro Direct Mount (design stolen from eebrakes --- having owned both, these are like EE but less of a headache)
handlebars: zipp sl70 aero
stem: 3T ARX II Team Stealth Stem w/integrated garmin mount

The good

For a rim brake bike, this setup has phenomenal tire clearance. I've put tires that measure 31mm wide (28mm on belgium+ rims) and had ample room to spare.

Although not officially supported, I had zero issues running a 32t cog with the rear derailleur.

The brakes are superb and DA is DA.

I have both styles of saddle clamp (round rails and carbon rails) and will include both assuming I can find the carbon rail clamps.

The bad

This bike has had a hairline crack in its top tube repaired (at Broken Carbon LLC, in Boulder CO). This repair is three years old and the bike has had thousands of additional miles added since then, so it's safe to say Kappius did a solid job. However, it's still repaired carbon. (See pic in album --- not very noticeable but it's there.)

There are paint chips on other parts of the frame as well, endured from flying gravel.

The same incident that led to the carbon repair shaved some (imho unnecessary) weight off the shifters, but they are sanded down and smooth to the touch. Again see pics.

more pics (mainly showing blemishes)
Last edited by: Prof Fate: Dec 23, 20 17:13
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Trek Madone 2018 rim brake 60cm [Prof Fate] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cyber Monday bump
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
added domane
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dropped the price on the madone by 500
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is the Domane still available? Do you have a receipt for the carbon repair to prove that it was professionally repaired?
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Trek Madone 2018 rim brake 60cm, Trek Domane SLR 2017 rim brake 58cm [Prof Fate] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice bikes. Too bad they have such dull paint jobs.
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Trek Madone 2018 rim brake 60cm, Trek Domane SLR 2017 rim brake 58cm [eurobike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eurobike wrote:
Nice bikes. Too bad they have such dull paint jobs.

Totally đŸ˜’
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Trek Madone 2018 rim brake 60cm, Trek Domane SLR 2017 rim brake 58cm [Prof Fate] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
++wheels
Quote Reply