Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ironman Payment Plan - What happens?
Quote | Reply
If you signed up for a race and utilized the 3 payment plan, does anybody know what happens if you fail to pay your 2nd and 3rd payment installment? Obviously you're not racing and are out $300+/-, but is that it? Or do they try to collect, ban you from future races etc etc?

I signed up for a race in 2021 and now it looks like there is a discrepancy in my schedule that weekend. May be able to work it out, but maybe not.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Payment Plan - What happens? [Fruitcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am exactly on the same boat. Signed up for CDA but want to transfer to another race. I wanted to transfer to IM California but not possible because transfers are only to races that do not sell out in less than 10d. Which really doesn’t give many options.

I don’t recall reading anything saying we’d be banned from races. In your example we’d loose the first down payment that’s it. Transfer is possible only when payment is made in full. So I hope at least that by paying the whole amount but not participating (and making it clear upfront) that I’d get a “voucher” to any race in 2021, ideally 2022. Being able to transfer to races not selling out in 10d is really sh*te.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Payment Plan - What happens? [tamiii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From the website for CdA:
-Athletes who register on or before December 6, 2020 are eligible to defer their entry into any open 2022 North American IRONMAN free of charge. All deferral requests will be honored until May 13, 2021 regardless of the reason for deferral. The deferral may only be used once. Athletes who elect to defer their entries forfeit any partial refund, ability to transfer. To submit a deferral request, please contact cda@ironman.com.

-Athletes who are unable to attend the event are eligible to transfer their entry into a 2021 North American IRONMAN or IRONMAN 70.3 race that has general entry slots available. Transfer requests out of IRONMAN Coeur d' Alene will be honored until May 13, 2021. Please visit the North American Transfer Program website prior to submitting your request to view additional program policies. To submit a transfer request, please contact cda@ironman.com.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Payment Plan - What happens? [tamiii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tamiii wrote:
I am exactly on the same boat. Signed up for CDA but want to transfer to another race. I wanted to transfer to IM California but not possible because transfers are only to races that do not sell out in less than 10d. Which really doesn’t give many options.

I don’t recall reading anything saying we’d be banned from races. In your example we’d loose the first down payment that’s it. Transfer is possible only when payment is made in full. So I hope at least that by paying the whole amount but not participating (and making it clear upfront) that I’d get a “voucher” to any race in 2021, ideally 2022. Being able to transfer to races not selling out in 10d is really sh*te.

Where does it say that? I never saw in the t & c's.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Payment Plan - What happens? [Conza] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I reached out to CDA@ironman.com to transfer my spot to IM California and the customer rep said to me “In order for an event to accept transfers, it must have general entry slots available and be open for general entry to 10 days. If an event sells out of general entry slots before those 10 days, it is not eligible for transfers into it. Unfortunately, as the IRONMAN California sold out prior to the 10 days of general entry expiring we are not able to process any transfers into that event. I apologize for the inconvenience.”.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Conza wrote:

https://www.ironman.com/transfer-withdrawal Under rules #13 says Races to be transferred into must have been opened to the general public for at least 10 days.

I was also hoping to transfer to IM California but it sold out too fast.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Payment Plan - What happens? [j.shanney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j.shanney wrote:
Conza wrote:

https://www.ironman.com/transfer-withdrawal Under rules #13 says Races to be transferred into must have been opened to the general public for at least 10 days.

I was also hoping to transfer to IM California but it sold out too fast.

For Oceania (Australia) this is not actually a thing. Just checked the rules there. Thanks for the link.

Edit: Balls.

12. Races to be transferred into will not be available for immediate selection until they have been opened to the general entry for at least ten business days. Any requests made into future events will be processed in order of application once the event transfer window has opened.
Last edited by: Conza: Nov 23, 20 15:18
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bump for the weekend crowd.....anybody knows what happens if you don’t make the 2nd and 3rd payment for the Ironman payment plan??
Quote Reply