Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: When does (did) this become tantamount to an attempted coup? [sosayusall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sosayusall wrote:
So now we have 25 GOP members of congress saying Biden has won the election vs. 100+ signing their names to a court brief wanting to overturn the election.

I know earlier in this thread people were butt hurt because "democratic voters initially said trump wasnt their president." (while saying it wasnt enough that Biden + HRC + the democratic leadership admitted trump won).

Now we literally have the GOP trying to overturn the election.

I'm getting really depressed about all this.
Quote Reply
Re: When does (did) this become tantamount to an attempted coup? [sosayusall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sosayusall wrote:
So now we have 25 GOP members of congress saying Biden has won the election vs. 100+ signing their names to a court brief wanting to overturn the election.

I know earlier in this thread people were butt hurt because "democratic voters initially said trump wasnt their president." (while saying it wasnt enough that Biden + HRC + the democratic leadership admitted trump won).

Now we literally have the GOP trying to overturn the election.

Few of those 100 probably have any deeply held belief in the brief. They're just afraid of being "cancelled" by Trump and his base. Since Trump has explicitly asked for lists of names of non-loyalists.

It's still pretty scary, though. It's a straight-up cult, like McCarthyism. Hopefully we get a "have you no sense of decency" moment. But I fear we won't.
Quote Reply
Re: When does (did) this become tantamount to an attempted coup? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here are the house members who don’t believe in democracy.

https://twitter.com/...135543373733889?s=21

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: When does (did) this become tantamount to an attempted coup? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

At least 10 of those from my quick count are from states that they want to throw out the election results! Are they also saying their election should be thrown out? No, they are just saying Biden should not win the presidency because he is a democrat.

The worst part of all this is how many of them will be reelected in the future. There are no consequences for this bad behavior. So many of them are protected by gerrymandering and a base of support that hates democracy. This is very dangerous for the future and people should be concerned.
Quote Reply
Re: When does (did) this become tantamount to an attempted coup? [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Through all this we should remember that both parties are the same. And if trump would have won the democrats would have acted the same way.

Both sides are just as bad.

Quote Reply
Re: When does (did) this become tantamount to an attempted coup? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

Morons and cowards. Guess how many of them were elected in the very same election that they are saying should be overturned.

I can't tell which ones are scared of trump's twitter rant or being on his naughty list and which ones are just fucking stupid.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sosayusall wrote:
Through all this we should remember that both parties are the same. And if trump would have won the democrats would have acted the same way.

People accuse the media having a left wing bias and that may be true in some ways, but those people never mention the huge right wing bias in the media. This is going to demonstrate that bias once again. The people that signed this letter in 6 months are going to be on Sunday news shows or other news shows and they will be treated like they are acting in good faith. They will not get push back that they supported destroying democracy to keep their preferred candidate in power. They will be treated seriously when they say they are worried about the deficit or when they claim to be worried about norms. Nobody interviewing them will go, "why should we believe anything you say, since you have demonstrated such a lack of belief in democracy?"
Quote Reply
Re: When does (did) this become tantamount to an attempted coup? [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It’s not just in democracy. It’s in all actions.

Remember the gop wanted to balance the budget.

The gop wanted people to have a say in a justice during the election year.

Remember how easy it was going to be with great healthcare.

Remember how the tax plan was going to pay for itself.

It’s in all actions. Remember how women wearing minimal clothing was indecent. Now being told what to wear is a call to arms. Both parties are the same!
Last edited by: sosayusall: Dec 10, 20 15:13
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
sosayusall wrote:

People accuse the media having a left wing bias and that may be true in some ways, but those people never mention the huge right wing bias in the media. This is going to demonstrate that bias once again. The people that signed this letter in 6 months are going to be on Sunday news shows or other news shows and they will be treated like they are acting in good faith. They will not get push back that they supported destroying democracy to keep their preferred candidate in power. They will be treated seriously when they say they are worried about the deficit or when they claim to be worried about norms. Nobody interviewing them will go, "why should we believe anything you say, since you have demonstrated such a lack of belief in democracy?"

Is it time that we start calling for “2nd Amendment remedies” regarding anyone who supports this coup attempt?

Wonder how the right would respond to that?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

"Article One, Section 5, Clause 2 wrote:
Each House may determine the Rules of its Proceedings, punish its Members for disorderly Behavior, and, with the Concurrence of two thirds, expel a member
Quote Reply
Re: When does (did) this become tantamount to an attempted coup? [DieselPete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A well armed militia needs to squash the rebellion.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: When does (did) this become tantamount to an attempted coup? [scorpio516] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scorpio516 wrote:
BLeP wrote:

"Article One, Section 5, Clause 2 wrote:
Each House may determine the Rules of its Proceedings, punish its Members for disorderly Behavior, and, with the Concurrence of two thirds, expel a member

At some point, there need to be some sort of consequences for the people who support this type of thing... in congress and outside of congress... I suspect the Republican party and their supporters have been treated with kid gloves for too long... If the shoe were on the other foot, and 105 democratic members of congress were trying to circumvent the will of the voters, the world would immediately ask for precisely the sort of remedy you suggested, but somehow it never gets to that point with the GOP. They're always some unknowable tribe that we can't pass judgement on... but... they're supposed to be part of American society? Maybe it's time for them to start acting like it?
Quote Reply
Re: When does (did) this become tantamount to an attempted coup? [DieselPete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is it time that we start calling for “2nd Amendment remedies” regarding anyone who supports this coup attempt?

Wonder how the right would respond to that?

You must be new around here.

The GOP will say the President has the right to use any power to challenge a fraudulent election, both sides have done it and so would Biden.

And don't take their guns...
Quote Reply
Re: When does (did) this become tantamount to an attempted coup? [trois_pample] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
is it today that if DRUMP does not concede after the electoral college decision that he has painted himself into a corner, and is actually subverting democracy? or does the world have to wait until Jan 21?
Quote Reply
Re: When does (did) this become tantamount to an attempted coup? [s5100e] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
s5100e wrote:
is it today that if DRUMP does not concede after the electoral college decision that he has painted himself into a corner, and is actually subverting democracy? or does the world have to wait until Jan 21?

Why would he change his tune on Jan 21?
The narrative Trump will nurture with his cult is that Biden is an illegitimate president who stole the election with the help of: crooked left, AOC, Hillary, George Soros, Bill Gates, the jews, Hugo Chavez, the communists, the corrupted Supreme Court (my personal favorite), etc.... I'm sure Aliens and the Illuminati will also make someone's short list.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: When does (did) this become tantamount to an attempted coup? [Guff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: When does (did) this become tantamount to an attempted coup? [Guff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guff wrote:
s5100e wrote:

Why would he change his tune on Jan 21?
The narrative Trump will nurture with his cult is that Biden is an illegitimate president who stole the election with the help of: crooked left, AOC, Hillary, George Soros, Bill Gates, the jews, Hugo Chavez, the communists, the corrupted Supreme Court (my personal favorite), etc.... I'm sure Aliens and the Illuminati will also make someone's short list.

Does it really matter if Trump ever changes his tune? Once the Electors are secured for Biden, it is essentially over. When the inauguration happens it really is over. So even if he perptuates his false narrative, does it matter. We will have a new president in January. The military and the rest of the govt. will support that. We have seen no signs what so ever that the change will not take place. And the majority of people understand that.

Are you really just concerned that some small fringe groups will cause a problem and possibly violence? Because my gut(Purely scientific), tells me that 90%+ of the people that voted for Trump will move on. Just as 90% of dems were not rioting and looting with BLM. Heck, 90% weren't even participating in the peaceful protests, the same applies to the fringe on the right.

That is why I just can't get worked up over this.
Quote Reply
Re: When does (did) this become tantamount to an attempted coup? [velocomp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes it matters, there is a whole thread about why it matters. To suggest Trumpsters will just move on is really hard to believe. The election has been called for weeks and we've seen a lot of supporters that have shown no signs of moving on.
Quote Reply
Re: When does (did) this become tantamount to an attempted coup? [velocomp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I dont really see BLM rioters and what trump is doing as being analogous at all. Trump (the head/leader of the GOP) is at the forefront of what trump is doing. The word Fringe has meaning. Trump's group is not a fringe group in the GOP. They are literally around 30-50% of the GOP.

If Biden was out there with a ski mask and microphone telling people to loot, I think the situations would be similar. It should also be noted that the national guard/federal troops were brought in against the rioters.
Last edited by: sosayusall: Dec 14, 20 8:06
Quote Reply
Re: When does (did) this become tantamount to an attempted coup? [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thom wrote:
Yes it matters, there is a whole thread about why it matters. To suggest Trumpsters will just move on is really hard to believe. The election has been called for weeks and we've seen a lot of supporters that have shown no signs of moving on.

We're 4 years later and there were people who wanted Hillary to jump in and run rather than Biden. I guess I'm not concerned with the fringe. But I moved on 2 days after the election, so.... I wonder how many on the left will continue to have TDS for many years after we have a new president...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
velocomp wrote:
Thom wrote:

We're 4 years later and there were people who wanted Hillary to jump in and run rather than Biden. I guess I'm not concerned with the fringe. But I moved on 2 days after the election, so.... I wonder how many on the left will continue to have TDS for many years after we have a new president...

Not on the left here and I can guarantee you my TDS will persist until he goes into radio silence. That he has not moved on is the reason that others will not move on. Best for my old party, best for our citizens and country that he move on but he won't.
Quote Reply
Re: When does (did) this become tantamount to an attempted coup? [gofigure] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have heard statements he made in the news today where he explicitly called Biden an illegitimate president so that seems pretty close to sedition or treason isn't it? when can one say he has actually crossed that line and should be charged with the act of sedition or treason? I am starting to believe he may have crossed the sedition line or come really very close to doing so if he is inciting his followers to act against the lawful government of the US.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
velocomp wrote:
Thom wrote:

Just so we're clear, the estimate is that over 50% of GOP supporters thought Trump won the election (https://www.nytimes.com/...election-doubts.html)... So... Is the argument that the "base" is smaller than the "fringe"? Wouldn't that make it the new "base"?

And... with regards to the ongoing and continuing fallout from the latest Republican administration... I think there were lots of people on the "left" (And, not insignificantly, what has traditionally been known as the political right) who were pretty surprised that the Republicans would find a candidate like Trump appealing. My suspicion is that the last 4 years has clarified a lot of what the Republicans would fight for (and excuse in a torchbearer)... There were definitely plenty of revelations about which principles the political right wing in America hold most dear. Some of those were revelations that I'm very certain I'm not going to forget it anytime soon, and it wouldn't really surprise me if the same could be said for many others.
Last edited by: trois_pample: Dec 14, 20 11:35
Quote Reply

Prev Next