Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Challenge Daytona article from today's Washington Post [Mark Lemmon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well then she would have rephrase with "My ethics don't allow me to travel because I feel I would endanger others". She can talk about herself all she wants. A lot of people would just read that and say, "fine don't get on a plane and enjoy your time at home".

But clearly she was not. She sounds resentful of others who are able and chose to race and is trying to say their ethics are not good. That's a different discussion.
Quote Reply
Re: Challenge Daytona article from today's Washington Post [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Well then she would have rephrase with "My ethics don't allow me to travel because I feel I would endanger others". She can talk about herself all she wants. A lot of people would just read that and say, "fine don't get on a plane and enjoy your time at home".

But clearly she was not. She sounds resentful of others who are able and chose to race and is trying to say their ethics are not good. That's a different discussion.

Here's what I get when I change the first quote from We to I. “It’s an ethical decision I have to make whether or not to travel,” said True, who isn’t a PTO member and so would need an invitation to compete. “Where it gets complicated is when you have got a third party tipping the scale.”

That doesn't seem resentful of others but instead conflicted that because she needs $ to pay the mortgage she may have to consider doing something that she would prefer not to do during a pandemic because of her ethical beliefs. I think we can all identify with having that dilemma at some point in our lives.

I could be giving her too much credit. Sponsors seem to like her attitude at this point. It will be interesting to see how it goes for her in the next couple of years.
Last edited by: Mark Lemmon: Nov 20, 20 14:05
Quote Reply

Prev Next