Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

universal draft box
Quote | Reply
Trek has a neat draft box for it speed concept.
I have seen 3D printed boxes for Cervelo P bikes.

I was just wondering if there are some universal draft boxes
no hugging of the rear wheel
to be attached to the seatpost via a tiewraps or rubber bands

I would buy it for S2 if it would be available.
Quote Reply
Re: universal draft box [Jo O.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://custombikexcessories.com/products

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: universal draft box [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for the link but these are custom boxes. Made for 1 frame in 1 size. And quite expensive.
I am looking for a universal one that is frame independent and cheaper.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You mean something like an xlab aero pouch?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As far as I know, the answer to your question is no. Too many different frame shapes, seatpost shapes, etc etc for a universal one. Everything is custom or model specific.

I think the best attempt to answer your question is a storage pod/bottle mounted behind the saddle.
Quote Reply
Re: universal draft box [PBT_2009] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PBT_2009 wrote:
As far as I know, the answer to your question is no. Too many different frame shapes, seatpost shapes, etc etc for a universal one. Everything is custom or model specific.

I think the best attempt to answer your question is a storage pod/bottle mounted behind the saddle.

This is correct, I wish I could make a one box fits all bikes, then I could sell them much cheaper. But alas, every tt/tri bike frame is different and so are their seat posts. A storage box that could fit on the back of a seatpost, would likely not work because of varying seat post heights and would not be secure enough to keep from moving around.

http://www.custombikexcessories.com
Instagram
Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jo O. wrote:
Thank you for the link but these are custom boxes. Made for 1 frame in 1 size. And quite expensive.
I am looking for a universal one that is frame independent and cheaper.

Sounds like a great business idea...

E

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: universal draft box [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
something with a simple ratcheting mechanism could feel more sturdy and permanent than Velcro and would solve different depth aero seatposts
Quote Reply