Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2021: the view from here [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not going to get into political cheerleading here but there is only one nation on the planet that has "controlled" and I use that term loosely, and that is South Korea. They have something very few nations have other than strict laws........they are surrounded on three sides by water and their only border is the most militarized place on earth. The US isn't going to stop or slow a damn thing. As a nation we are either going to get a vaccine or get the virus. Its as simple as that. The rest is cheerleading.
Quote Reply
Re: 2021: the view from here [rcmioga] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I'm a front line medical worker. We have been told that vaccines are probably 6 months out for us.

We have been told don't count on the vaccine working and that we will still be required to wear masks the entire shift.

Even those of us that have had COVID and recovered are required to wear masks the entire shift.

Fauci says masks and social distancing and shutdowns will be required even with vaccines.

There is absolutely NOTHING a new administration can do that will make things better. Only more restrictive They could have made suggestions before the election to help out instead of keeping it a secret, just like his list of SCOTUS possibles. I see another year of a poop sandwich. I'm still training like a madman though because crushing my buddies on group runs/rides is the best of fun.

Herd immunity is the only way out. Always has been.
Quote Reply
Re: 2021: the view from here [ScoutMac187] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
didn't trump say it was just going to disappear?

vaccinations should have started in october too.
Quote Reply
Re: 2021: the view from here [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
Brian, it’s not just state to state differences but within state. I’ve had to travel around north Florida a bit for work the last couple of months and there’s such a disparity from place to place. Jacksonville, St. Augustine, Tallahassee, Gainesville... 95% mask compliance. Ocala, Panama City, Pensacola... maybe 60%. Redneck counties and areas in between cities... 20%.

It’s not lost on anyone the redder the county the less mask compliance.

And Gavin Newsome is out going to dinners and breaking his own rules. Folks see this kind of hypocrisy and call BS, as they should.

And I would caution you that your phrasing rednecks and linking them to “ redder” counties comes off a bit crude (to put it nicely) and derogatory. Maybe it’s just that folks in these areas have had enough of double standards?

If governors can go out to eat and not socially distance, why can’t triathletes race or go to a turkey trot or see family on thanksgiving? A tough question to answer once you’ve exposed yourself as not even following your own mandates.
Quote Reply
Re: 2021: the view from here [Parkland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Parkland wrote:
The GMAN wrote:
Brian, it’s not just state to state differences but within state. I’ve had to travel around north Florida a bit for work the last couple of months and there’s such a disparity from place to place. Jacksonville, St. Augustine, Tallahassee, Gainesville... 95% mask compliance. Ocala, Panama City, Pensacola... maybe 60%. Redneck counties and areas in between cities... 20%.

It’s not lost on anyone the redder the county the less mask compliance.

And Gavin Newsome is out going to dinners and breaking his own rules. Folks see this kind of hypocrisy and call BS, as they should.

And I would caution you that your phrasing rednecks and linking them to “ redder” counties comes off a bit crude (to put it nicely) and derogatory. Maybe it’s just that folks in these areas have had enough of double standards?

If governors can go out to eat and not socially distance, why can’t triathletes race or go to a turkey trot or see family on thanksgiving? A tough question to answer once you’ve exposed yourself as not even following your own mandates.

I meant it to be crude and derogatory. Previously addressed in another post.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply

Prev Next