Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Scicon Evolution Case Users: Tips?
Quote | Reply
I'm packing my speed concept away for a flight tomorrow, but I've never used this case before. I've securely strapped the frame "in" so that it's suspended in the case, but what are the rules with adding shoes, helmet, wetsuit, etc? I generally bring a small set of tools (torque wrench, cassette tool, etc.) and chamois cream, etc.

Can I just pack it pretty tight in the case? I've used the hen house for years, and this case should in theory provide "more" protection, but I'm wiggin' out pretty hard right now and don't want to show up at my destination with damage to the bike that could have been avoided.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Re: Scicon Evolution Case Users: Tips? [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got this case last year and recently used it for the first time. I transported my road bike (carbon, di2) from CT to CA with a layover. The bike itself was in perfect condition arriving in LA and returning home. I stuck my helmet, shoes, pedals, seatpost In the case and it came to 47 lbs. I asked to be present for inspection in Hartford which went fine. I also asked to be present at LAX but they did it in secret. Overall the case was great, it got some marks but the bike wasn’t damaged so job well done. I was also super nervous especially when I saw the case tossed around a bit when being loaded on the plane. I’ll definitely travel with it again.
Quote Reply
Re: Scicon Evolution Case Users: Tips? [AndrewL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AndrewL wrote:
I got this case last year and recently used it for the first time. I transported my road bike (carbon, di2) from CT to CA with a layover. The bike itself was in perfect condition arriving in LA and returning home. I stuck my helmet, shoes, pedals, seatpost In the case and it came to 47 lbs. I asked to be present for inspection in Hartford which went fine. I also asked to be present at LAX but they did it in secret. Overall the case was great, it got some marks but the bike wasn’t damaged so job well done. I was also super nervous especially when I saw the case tossed around a bit when being loaded on the plane. I’ll definitely travel with it again.

You can do that?

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Re: Scicon Evolution Case Users: Tips? [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I read on one of these forums to ask to be present. Being present was standing on the other side of a rope while they rubbed and poked at my bike and other stuff. I was mostly concerned that they got the case fully closed and locks situated. They did a good enough job at both locations. It helps that the locks are TSA too.
Quote Reply