Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IM Sacramento?
Quote | Reply
With COVID this year, along with other life happenings I just noticed IM added Sacramento to their list and it’s full already?!

With no race course info and only a date is there anyone that can give any insight into where some of the swim bike run course would take place?

My buddy and I were looking for a late season IM to do and thought this would be a fun destination race to do but found out there are only foundation spots left.

Would love to hear about the inner workings of this race.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Sacramento? [Cptnemo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The race director had a bit of additional info on some videos on the Ironman California Facebook page. Right now it looks like a downriver swim in either the American or Sacramento rivers with a single transition downtown. The bike course is unknown but planned to be flat and I believe may be on the south side of town. The run, also flat, they're planning to be downtown-focused. Not many other details I've seen past that other than the race director emphasizes they want to make an extremely fast PR course.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Sacramento? [burkenfurter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info I will have to head over there and check out the videos and such that they are posting on the Facebook page.

If it all turns out to be what they are saying then it sounds like it could be a pretty good destination for people to race at. Not to mention flat and fast doesn't hurt.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Sacramento? [Cptnemo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Little info so far but seeing is how it's a new race, late season, flat/fast, and likely capped at a smaller number due to Covid, I am not surprise it sold out quickly.

I signed up during the early registration and it was still like $800+ after fees. Likely better, more scenic races out there, but the fact that it's brand new and in my home state hooked me.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Tough Times Don't Last, Tough People Do.
Quote Reply