Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Offroad Triathletes and Weight Weenies, Behold: A Sub 8Kg Full Suspension Mountain Bike
Quote | Reply
Enjoy:

Quote Reply
Re: Offroad Triathletes and Weight Weenies, Behold: A Sub 8Kg Full Suspension Mountain Bike [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Add dropper post, proper tyres and gears good enough to get you up the average hill and all of a sudden it becomes very average.
Quote Reply
Re: Offroad Triathletes and Weight Weenies, Behold: A Sub 8Kg Full Suspension Mountain Bike [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder how much that thing cost to build. Pretty cool experiment though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like how he keeps saying “I’m running...”

I think the more appropriate statement “I will be running...” - if this thing in fact holds together. Look at that derailleur funny and it might shatter.

I’d love to ride it, would hate to buy it.
Quote Reply
Re: Offroad Triathletes and Weight Weenies, Behold: A Sub 8Kg Full Suspension Mountain Bike [Yutaka Sonik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Danglehorn built a sub 10kg downhill bike a couple of years ago and rode it HARD (plenty of YouTube videos) and it held up just fine. TBH nothing strikes me as particularly fragile on that build for an XC bike except for, perhaps, the rims.
Quote Reply
Re: Offroad Triathletes and Weight Weenies, Behold: A Sub 8Kg Full Suspension Mountain Bike [lyrrad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think a BikeYoke Divine SL would only add 650g. Going from that Garabaruk cassette to an XTR cassette would only be an extra 40g. For XC purposes those tires are fine.
Quote Reply