Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New Zwift Laptop [velocomp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BB had this exact laptop on sale last week for the same price. I'm not an expert in this area but the price does look quite decent. Are you looking for a 15" laptop or would you prefer 14 or 17? Costco will be offering a pretty nice 17" but with half the SSD hard drive space.

As to your question about how long this laptop will last, it will depend on what criteria triggers you to replace your computers. The laptop you are considering is quite capable and will most likely meet your needs and expectations but Nvidia just introduced a new series of desktop videos cards that are a massive upgrade over their current line and it's just a matter of time before laptop versions are available with more than twice the performance of the prior generation for only a small premium over current sales prices.

FWIW, I'm in the market for a mid-range gaming PC and trying to convince myself to wait another year and splurge on a 3070 (or equivalent AMD GPU) but I'm beginning to see some very tempting deals.

Nanoo Nanoo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
velocomp wrote:
This appears to be a really good deal on the Asus Zephyrus for black Friday.
https://www.bestbuy.com/...88-8d59-197e7db2d5f8

So I ended up getting this deal. Arrived today. And wow, what difference. Running Zwift in 4K is awesome. FPS is awesome and load times much quicker (though that isn't saying much as it still is not "Fast"). The computer works really well, kept it's heat at a decent level and worked flawlessly on it's maiden voyage of Zwift. Definitely recommend if you are willing to spend the money. Good price of ~$1250. It seems to go on sale for a few days each week, so I picked it up on Monday. You have to watch the ad to see when it comes on sale.

Thanks Rapstar for the recommendation of the ASUS ROG series.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Enjoy! Yeah, it's actually pretty amazing what a better experience it is at high-res and high frame rate.

Load time improvements are a constant WIP. I can say it's something that Jon obsesses over.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: New Zwift Laptop [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rappstar wrote:
Enjoy! Yeah, it's actually pretty amazing what a better experience it is at high-res and high frame rate.

Load time improvements are a constant WIP. I can say it's something that Jon obsesses over.

As a Software Engineer (now more manager), I always wonder what the code base looks like and what "I" would do differently. It's a great platform regardless of it's warts and I'm sure the future UI enhancements will be awesome.

Thanks for what you guys do.
Quote Reply

Prev Next