Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

opinion on better whee between Cannondale Hollowgram s1 and older dimpled Zipp wheel
Quote | Reply
Hi,
I'm building up soon a Cervelo slc-sl. I have access to 2 different wheel set for this build. One being an all carbon Cannondale Hollowtech clincher and the other being an older set of Zipp Dimpled wheels, also clincher. I know the basic differences of both wheels. What I'd like to know if one will be a better day to day wheel for doing 40+ mile rides.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: opinion on better whee between Cannondale Hollowgram s1 and older dimpled Zipp wheel [ginofairplay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How much will they cost you?
Quote Reply
Re: opinion on better whee between Cannondale Hollowgram s1 and older dimpled Zipp wheel [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the zipps are $500. The Cannondale are less as it's a friend who has them. I just want to know which will be a better daily wheel. Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: opinion on better whee between Cannondale Hollowgram s1 and older dimpled Zipp wheel [ginofairplay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do either of them show any signs of delamination?
Quote Reply
Re: opinion on better whee between Cannondale Hollowgram s1 and older dimpled Zipp wheel [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No they're both in good condition.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What is the rim depth on the Zipp wheels?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry I don't have that answer. They are the older model, definitely not the newer model, almost v shaped if you will
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Sir,
You frequent this panel often, so that being said I have a different question for you. If I use a mountain bike rear derailleur on my road bike will it switch the gearing when shifting?

I know I can use a med cage shimano 105 or Tiagra but they're kinda hard to find so I thought about just using a mountain bike derailleur instead.

Thanks.
Gene
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A Shimano mountain bike rear derailleur won't work with Shimano road shifters.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you is the new? I ask because many years ago I had a Klein quantum race bike and I had a mountain bike rear derailleur along with a 34mountain bike rear cassette. It was a 9 speed set up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In the old days, Shimano mountain and road derailleur and shifters were compatible.

Not any more.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Okay thank you sir. Kind of stupid to take that option away . Again thanks.
Quote Reply