Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are you and how was your week? Nov. 2 Edition
Quote | Reply
Spill!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Nov. 2 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yo I'm ok! I did all my workouts this week, and am feeling good. Doing lower volume and working on my run form is making me feel kinda invincible. I know that if/when I work harder it'll go back to feeling worse...

Here's this week:

M: run and leg strength (check!)
T: Rest!
W: Bike and strength
Th: Run and leg strength
F: Swim!
Sa: Long run and leg strength
Su: Ride and strength

Also, I was accepted into Team Zoot, and I'm deciding whether to actually join. I know that Cupcake has enjoyed her time on the team. What do y'all think?

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Nov. 2 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was up and down. Exercising is going well but just feeling a little blah all the time.

Let's focus on the wins - finished my biggest ever running month with 136.87 miles, which is my second consecutive 100 mile+ month and only my third 100+ month ever. Swimming volume is back up too at 25km for the month.

@Bing - what have you got to lose by joining? I think IM training can be a pretty lonely endeavour so why not have a little extra boost from the Zoot community?
@ Dr TC - how was your week?
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Nov. 2 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My week was okay mental health wise (as in when you average good and bad days you get okay). I have built 4 days of healthy coping skills in a row from Friday through yesterday and I am pleased with myself. I gave a virtual colloquium yesterday that went well, and I am glad it's done now - I had fun but it was also stressful leading up to it, and I didn't sleep well Saturday or Sunday, then slept well last night, which is possibly related to it being done.

Last week I
swam 1x 1400m
rode 4x 112.8 mi
ran 5x 45.7 mi

My goal this week is still mental health above everything else, do my hamstring and hip exercises 3x, and get bike time in.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey womens. I know I have been a stranger lately. My job is keeping me pretty busy and I am filling the time with training. Michigan was hit hard and fast with the virus and now we're solidly in a second wave. Plus we're a swing state, so there is lots to be stressed about.

Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
My week was okay mental health wise (as in when you average good and bad days you get okay). I have built 4 days of healthy coping skills in a row from Friday through yesterday and I am pleased with myself. I gave a virtual colloquium yesterday that went well, and I am glad it's done now - I had fun but it was also stressful leading up to it, and I didn't sleep well Saturday or Sunday, then slept well last night, which is possibly related to it being done.

Glad your colloquium went well and you are able to rest! I hope you're taking care of yourself.

Scheherazade wrote:
Let's focus on the wins - finished my biggest ever running month with 136.87 miles, which is my second consecutive 100 mile+ month and only my third 100+ month ever. Swimming volume is back up too at 25km for the month.

Yay running! Nice swimming, too.

BingTri wrote:
Yo I'm ok! I did all my workouts this week, and am feeling good. Doing lower volume and working on my run form is making me feel kinda invincible. I know that if/when I work harder it'll go back to feeling worse...
Also, I was accepted into Team Zoot, and I'm deciding whether to actually join. I know that Cupcake has enjoyed her time on the team. What do y'all think?

Yay for feeling invincible! I bought a book on running form but haven't cracked it open yet. Good to hear you're having good results.

I was also accepted into Team Zoot and bought my race kit last night. I figured, why not? I know several ladies on here like it, and I enjoyed the camaraderie of a team I was on a few years ago. Plus I have been using Zoot stuff since I started triathlon. I just hope we get to race next year.

Things have been normal-ish. I'm not going to the gym so I'm not swimming. I'm running outside and riding the trainer inside. Doing a lot of PT and pre-hab. Walking the dogs a lot. Trying to stay in a good mental space.

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Nov. 2 Edition [BingTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I finally figured out yesterday that the thing at the root of my stress right now is a paper I'm trying to revise. (Yes, there are lots of other stressful things but this paper is a big one for me right now). The only way to relieve that stress is to work on it in small chunks at a time so here we go :P

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great! Glad you figured out where the stress is coming from and you have a workable plan to move through it!

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply