Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Faster aerobar: USE Tula or TriRig Alpha (original)?
Quote | Reply
I have both - which do you think would be a faster bar? (Out of scope are adjustability, fit, newer generation bars, etc etc). I haven’t seen any tests that had included both ... only sets of different tests with the Ventus as the common denominator (from which I guess I could draw a shaky conclusion).

Anyone tested these two head-to-head?
Quote Reply
Re: Faster aerobar: USE Tula or TriRig Alpha (original)? [davetallo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can both bars put you in the same position?
Quote Reply
Re: Faster aerobar: USE Tula or TriRig Alpha (original)? [davetallo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have never seen direct comparison (most folks don't test the Tulas)

Something important to consider is the width of the Tula's... some are quite wide (mine are 440 I think) so there's probably a little to be gained with the 380/400 versions.

From my data from the tunnel, the tulas were within error of the 3T Brezza Nano's.

The og Alpha's were deep though, on par with the Ventus (depending on what you think about Tririgs wpaper not including brake levers on the Alpha) and of course incomparably easier to live with.

My gut says the Tulas (especially the narrower ones) might edge it out though...

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Faster aerobar: USE Tula or TriRig Alpha (original)? [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To Jim’s point, are you literally just talking about the bar itself?
Quote Reply
Re: Faster aerobar: USE Tula or TriRig Alpha (original)? [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Both put me in exactly the same position. The only thing that would be different are the bars themselves-the rest of the system would be the same.
Quote Reply
Re: Faster aerobar: USE Tula or TriRig Alpha (original)? [Morelock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the continued insights, Chris. I would be running the USE’s on a P4, and with this combo, I will technically have achieved the pinnacle of poor rear brake performance and usability. Industrial designers will study it for years to come.

I have the narrower Tula, and had been considering cutting down the width even further to the 30xm (?) width of the nanos. There’s a small alloy sleeve that’s epoxied inside the end of the base bar, and i have always been curious about how hard it would be to cut out, trim the width, and reinstall. Might be a winter project, and if I wreck the bars, well, given the use I have got from them, I figure they don’t owe me anything.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That does sound like a rear brake setup that might shave some speed... so long as the rear is suspended in the air :D

I had considered what you're suggesting as well (albeit I was just going to cut the width off and build on my own track pods) Something to look at is that the metal sleeve goes a little deeper than you'd think (you can see the leading edge subtly straightens out towards the ends) You could still probably do a little sanding/grinding and get it back in though. Just use DP420 or similar epoxy and you should be good.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We are an engineering company specialized in 3d printing, we have immersed ourselves in the world of cycling, manufacturing almost any type of custom parts.

Our main products today are aerobars (NOWIND) and toolboxes (NOWORRY), with the main feature that each and every one of our items is 100% sized for your bike and your needs.

We scan your position on the bike so that the NOWIND is 100% fit and confortable for you.
This condition makes it totally aero and fast.

You can see our work at: http://uniqocustombikes.com/

If you need more information contact us at: info@uniqocustombikes.com
Greetings, Alba.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Thanks for the continued insights, Chris. I would be running the USE’s on a P4, and with this combo, I will technically have achieved the pinnacle of poor rear brake performance and usability. Industrial designers will study it for years to come.

Whilst ergonomically the Tula's are terrible, mechanically I found them to work very well with the P4 rear brake since the location of the brake pivot removes a 90 degree bend in the cable compared with a conventional brake lever. Certainly no trouble to lock the rear wheel.
Quote Reply
Re: Faster aerobar: USE Tula or TriRig Alpha (original)? [mitochondria] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
agree... just straight "round" pods were never the best shape for ergo imo.

I actually designed better pods I had planned on making, (the whole bar actually) but like most of my projects I ended up moving to different bars and lost interest.

Quote Reply