Prev Next
Re: Alternate Reality - Election Temper Tantrums [SDG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SDG wrote:
chaparral wrote:
SDG wrote:
chaparral wrote:
SDG wrote:
The very easy answer to this is if Trump wins, there will be riots, looting, marches, burning and civil unrest in all the large cities. Anyone that denies that is putting their head in the sand.

If Biden wins ( he will) their will be some talk on websites and forums about the nutjob Trump folks but they don't burn and loot and riot that I have seen.

The good thing is Biden is going to win big, Trump will complain, his followers will complain on FB and forums, but not much will happen.

If by some crazy turn of events Trump wins, I may get on a plane to leave the country for a few weeks until the rioting, burning and looting stops. Add to the fact Trump will probably send in the national guard to put it down if it does happen and it will be even worse.

So how much rioting was there when trump won in 2016? Why are you so confident it would be different this time?

Have you been conscious the last few months? The rioting, looting, burning this summer had a large racial justice component it ( primarily) but also had an undertone or sometimes overtly "eff this president and all he stands for"

People that are prone to rioting and looting don't like Trump ( my assumption based upon this summer) and if he is elected it will send them off the deepend. Liberals in general are more activist, prone to protest and social unrest. I don't think it was a bunch of conservatives old folks that formed the "CHAZ or CHOP" or whatever the hell they called it in Seattle.

Won't matter and is all just a mental exercise as Trump aint' gonna win.

Do you not forget these incidents from the recent past?

I will see your three photos and raise you an entire downtown area shut down and called an "Autonomous Zone" that was run by a pimp for weeks, riots, burning cars, looting and businesses destroyed in numerous cities across the country all summer long.

If you are going to make the argument conservative republicans are as likely to riot as liberal progressives, you and I will just have to disagree. Did a bunch of old white guys take over Birmingham, Alabama for a few weeks and no one reported on it?

Well, CHAZ was obviously just doing what righties have done, so I don't know why you are saying it is unique.
Quote Reply
Re: Alternate Reality - Election Temper Tantrums [Cavechild] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cavechild wrote:
Maybe the vote isn't that close?

I'm not sure a big Biden win would actually help. Think about it. Trump will almost surely never admit defeat. Say he looses Texas and Georgia. From his standpoint that would be proof of widespread mail in fraud. Now his supporters may think he looks silly. But they might not....

You need to break down "supporters" into different groups. There are certainly a small set that have "slipped the surly bonds of earth" andreality, and will think whatever fairytale anyone will feed them. There are far more that will primarily blame COVID for what should have been a victory lap of a re-election. Another set will soberly realize that Trump was a spectacularly flawed president, and will vow to pick better next time. A very small set (who probably have already switched) will re-evaluate at least some of the platform which the GOP has embraced. The fight will go on....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Define recent past. The only rioting in NYC since March has been devoutly religious, white Trump supporters. They beat up and hospitalized a local journalist covering the riots and crowds of hundreds picketed his home over the following nights, taunting him to come out and face then over megaphone.

The only thing I'm certain of is that if he loses the Democratic candidate will do absolutely nothing to incite violence.

"Are you sure we're going fast enough?" - Emil Zatopek
Quote Reply
Re: Alternate Reality - Election Temper Tantrums [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
SDG wrote:
chaparral wrote:
SDG wrote:
chaparral wrote:
SDG wrote:
The very easy answer to this is if Trump wins, there will be riots, looting, marches, burning and civil unrest in all the large cities. Anyone that denies that is putting their head in the sand.

If Biden wins ( he will) their will be some talk on websites and forums about the nutjob Trump folks but they don't burn and loot and riot that I have seen.

The good thing is Biden is going to win big, Trump will complain, his followers will complain on FB and forums, but not much will happen.

If by some crazy turn of events Trump wins, I may get on a plane to leave the country for a few weeks until the rioting, burning and looting stops. Add to the fact Trump will probably send in the national guard to put it down if it does happen and it will be even worse.

So how much rioting was there when trump won in 2016? Why are you so confident it would be different this time?

Have you been conscious the last few months? The rioting, looting, burning this summer had a large racial justice component it ( primarily) but also had an undertone or sometimes overtly "eff this president and all he stands for"

People that are prone to rioting and looting don't like Trump ( my assumption based upon this summer) and if he is elected it will send them off the deepend. Liberals in general are more activist, prone to protest and social unrest. I don't think it was a bunch of conservatives old folks that formed the "CHAZ or CHOP" or whatever the hell they called it in Seattle.

Won't matter and is all just a mental exercise as Trump aint' gonna win.

Do you not forget these incidents from the recent past?

I will see your three photos and raise you an entire downtown area shut down and called an "Autonomous Zone" that was run by a pimp for weeks, riots, burning cars, looting and businesses destroyed in numerous cities across the country all summer long.

If you are going to make the argument conservative republicans are as likely to riot as liberal progressives, you and I will just have to disagree. Did a bunch of old white guys take over Birmingham, Alabama for a few weeks and no one reported on it?

Well, CHAZ was obviously just doing what righties have done, so I don't know why you are saying it is unique.

They definitely were in the wrong to try and take over a National Wildlife Refugee and have the Feds give land back to the states....

but just a tad different than taking over downtown city blocks, burning cars, business, looting, rioting, killing kids in the area, having a warlord pimp as your leader and taking over a police station with the goal to start your own country. But who could tell....
Quote Reply
Re: Alternate Reality - Election Temper Tantrums [Bretom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bretom wrote:
Define recent past. The only rioting in NYC since March has been devoutly religious, white Trump supporters. They beat up and hospitalized a local journalist covering the riots and crowds of hundreds picketed his home over the following nights, taunting him to come out and face then over megaphone.

The only thing I'm certain of is that if he loses the Democratic candidate will do absolutely nothing to incite violence.

Were these the old jewish men Deblasio told they couldn't meet for church?

I agree with your last statement, Biden would not do anything to incite violence but the far left would. Good thing he is going to win.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SDG wrote:

They definitely were in the wrong to try and take over a National Wildlife Refugee and have the Feds give land back to the states....

but just a tad different than taking over downtown city blocks, burning cars, business, looting, rioting, killing kids in the area, having a warlord pimp as your leader and taking over a police station with the goal to start your own country. But who could tell....[/quote]
Ohh, yes, the arsonists the righties were protecting were totally different. The damage the righties did to the refuge was also totally different.

I guess arson is only a big deal to you if certain people do it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SDG wrote:
Bretom wrote:

I agree with your last statement, Biden would not do anything to incite violence but the far left would. Good thing he is going to win.

Not old, not just DeBlasio and not church but yes they were the ones.

"Are you sure we're going fast enough?" - Emil Zatopek
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SDG wrote:
Bretom wrote:

Do you think jewish people are upset they can't go to a church?
Quote Reply
Re: Alternate Reality - Election Temper Tantrums [Cavechild] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cavechild wrote:
I don't think there will be much from the Liberals.

Obviously you missed the vagina wearing, Russia interference, impeachment last 4 years.

What on earth does "vagina wearing" mean? That doesn't even show up in the Urban Dictionary. Female anatomy is insidious and deceptive like Russian interference?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
SDG wrote:
Bretom wrote:

I don't know. I am not jewish and dont' go to church. What say you?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SDG wrote:
chaparral wrote:
SDG wrote:
Bretom wrote:

I don't know. I am not jewish and dont' go to church. What say you?

I think they would be much more upset about limitations to temples or synagogues, than churches, since Jewish people are not usually big on churches.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
SDG wrote:

but just a tad different than taking over downtown city blocks, burning cars, business, looting, rioting, killing kids in the area, having a warlord pimp as your leader and taking over a police station with the goal to start your own country. But who could tell....

Ohh, yes, the arsonists the righties were protecting were totally different. The damage the righties did to the refuge was also totally different.

I guess arson is only a big deal to you if certain people do it.[/quote]

I know right. The rash of arson on federal lands is all we have heard about this summer. Not pimps, burned cop cars, assaults' in downtown area, looting of stores and police stations, setting up CHAZ zones. It's all those guys out in the middle of the country and wildlife refuges I am worried about if Biden wins. HA HA HA.

This is rich. As I said, if you think old white dudes ( the main conservative voting block and makeup of the party) is more likely to be violent or protest and loot, we don't agree.

Did I miss the rioting and looting in St. Augustine Florida when the bingo club of octogenarians felt the caller was pushing a liberal agenda? HA HA HA
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SDG wrote:
chaparral wrote:
SDG wrote:

I know right. The rash of arson on federal lands is all we have heard about this summer. Not pimps, burned cop cars, assaults' in downtown area, looting of stores and police stations, setting up CHAZ zones. It's all those guys out in the middle of the country and wildlife refuges I am worried about if Biden wins. HA HA HA.

This is rich. As I said, if you think old white dudes ( the main conservative voting block and makeup of the party) is more likely to be violent or protest and loot, we don't agree.

Did I miss the rioting and looting in St. Augustine Florida when the bingo club of octogenarians felt the caller was pushing a liberal agenda? HA HA HA[/quote]
I am fairly certain this summer there were lots of stories about arsonists starting forest fires. Do you not remember that?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
SDG wrote:
chaparral wrote:
SDG wrote:

Did I miss the rioting and looting in St. Augustine Florida when the bingo club of octogenarians felt the caller was pushing a liberal agenda? HA HA HA

I am fairly certain this summer there were lots of stories about arsonists starting forest fires. Do you not remember that?[/quote]
That guy looks just like your typical right wing conservative. Probably left the CHAZ and was still geeked up so needed something to do.

And no, never heard about it. Guess it doesn't make the nightly news like taking over police stations, looting, rioting, burning cars like they were doing all over the country.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SDG wrote:

That guy looks just like your typical right wing conservative. Probably left the CHAZ and was still geeked up so needed something to do.

And no, never heard about it. Guess it doesn't make the nightly news like taking over police stations, looting, rioting, burning cars like they were doing all over the country.

You are talking about the take over and burning down of this police station?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
SDG wrote:

You are talking about the take over and burning down of this police station?

More like taking over this one.https://www.rt.com/...onomous-zone-police/

You do recall the CHAZ dont you? It was like a summer of love according to some.

I tend to think it was really sad. Let's hope there are no more CHAZ's if Trump happens to win ( he won't) https://www.bbc.com/...d-us-canada-53224445
Quote Reply
Re: Alternate Reality - Election Temper Tantrums [Bretom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bretom wrote:

I agree 100%. The dems don’t need to incite violence. They have complete confidence their fan base will loot and burn
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
SDG wrote:

Come on. Who can forget the great pussyhat riots of 2016?

Quote Reply
Re: Alternate Reality - Election Temper Tantrums [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What on earth does "vagina wearing" mean?

You don't remember the pink vagina hats in the protests prior to the inauguration?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/...-cities-country.html

◼︎ We shall soon be in a world in which a man may be howled down for saying that two and two make four, in which people will persecute the heresy of calling a triangle a three-sided figure, and hang a man for maddening a mob with the news that grass is green. - Chesterton
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:

Did they have a rapper warlord supplying them with rifles?
https://www.snopes.com/...eck/raz-simone-guns/

If anyone wants to hear some first-hand reporting from the CHOP/CHAZ experiment, spend a few minutes with this podcast.

https://quillette.com/...eattle-and-portland/

◼︎ We shall soon be in a world in which a man may be howled down for saying that two and two make four, in which people will persecute the heresy of calling a triangle a three-sided figure, and hang a man for maddening a mob with the news that grass is green. - Chesterton
Quote Reply
Re: Alternate Reality - Election Temper Tantrums [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would not be shocked if Trump called for riots if he lost. He will certainly scream about voter fraud.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Alternate Reality - Election Temper Tantrums [Afg53] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Afg53 wrote:

I agree 100%. The dems don’t need to incite violence. They have complete confidence their fan base will loot and burn

Do you really think the looters are Democratic campaign volunteers by day and then start busting windows and looting stores at night. Looting is not a protest, it's a crime of opportunity.

You saw what happened after Dodger World Series games right? Is that a leftist problem too?
Last edited by: Thom: Oct 30, 20 17:13
Quote Reply

Prev Next