I think you accidentally reposted this.
Quote Reply
Re: How long do you wait for a bike shop? [Chan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Respectfully replying...you didn't answer the question
Quote Reply
Re: How long do you wait for a bike shop? [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think one can reasonably infer the answer from his response.
Quote Reply
Re: How long do you wait for a bike shop? [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jaretj wrote:
Respectfully replying...you didn't answer the question

Apologies if I wasn't clear. I'm looking to purchase the disc version.

Was basically saying if it wasn't for industry pushing us to discs I'd be perfectly fine with rim brakes.
Quote Reply
Re: How long do you wait for a bike shop? [Chan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's like someone else said, these guys might know bikes but are terrible at customer service. At the same time, communicate your expectations to them. If you continue to do that, as least they know what you expect out of them and they are likely to let you know whether or not you want to purchase from them, either by no communication or actively communicating that they can't do that.

I recently tried to hire a photographer to shoot an event. The first few I reached out too had no availability even though my event was 6 weeks away and let me know that within an hour of contacting them. I started to stress and started to try to find anyone I could and I found an interesting trend until I found one. The ones who were response and got back to me within an hour or two usually were booked, but also sent me references of friends to use. The once who took 72+ hrs to respond usually had availability.... It made me wonder if their responsiveness affected their business.
Quote Reply
Re: How long do you wait for a bike shop? [Uncle Arqyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uncle Arqyle wrote:
Warbird wrote:
fredly wrote:
Have you asked them why it's taking so long?

Depending on what frameset you're interested in, there's a good chance they simply haven't been able to get the information from the manufacturer. There are several major brands that are already completely sold through on their 2020 *and* 2021 lines, and are starting to queue up orders for 2022. This makes it very darn challenging to get things like price quotes and delivery dates. It's literally impossible to get/give this information on some products right now, and there are probably a fair number of product reps putting off answering questions like this, as they just don't have the info themselves.

^ This.

We haven't been able to get information from many of our suppliers, so we don't even know when we'll have bikes available to ship. So the best we can tell our dealers is "Hopefully by [date that keeps shifting farther into the future]". Bikes that we were supposed to have on the water back in July and available to our dealers by August are now pushed back to sometime early next year...

Whether or not you have been able to get information or not isn't relevant to his issue, the bike shop is failing to do a very simple thing, and that is to give him a call back when they say they said they would. An update that says we don't know, is still an update, and its amazing how many businesses fail to do this very simple thing.

The lack of communication even if it’s to say there is no new information is a huge pet peeve of mine. I think it may be generational.

Formerly DrD
Quote Reply

Prev Next