Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Speed concept bento box
Quote | Reply
Who has theirs organized โ€œperfectlyโ€

There is real skill in packing boxes and such. Who has a great photo of their contents. (Who uses it for anything creative other than gels)

Tia.
Quote Reply
Re: Speed concept bento box [mdspinedoc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you mean the Draft box, or the speed box. The draft box just gets everything shoved in it lol

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Re: Speed concept bento box [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes. Bento box. On the top tube. Iโ€™m sure people have methodically organized it for more than gels. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Draft box has got more space on gen 2. So organization is less important ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿ˜‡
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mdspinedoc wrote:
Yes. Bento box. On the top tube. Iโ€™m sure people have methodically organized it for more than gels. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Draft box has got more space on gen 2. So organization is less important ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿ˜‡

That bento is slick looking but the capacity is small. I neve put gels in a bento anyways. I seem to recall fitting a tube (i unraveled it so it was flatter), one CO2 chuck, a tire lever and maybe one CO2 (but not sure about CO2 as that would be very tight).
Quote Reply
Re: Speed concept bento box [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hear. Creative. Thx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had one, but got rid of it as it was too small. I just shove the stuff in my jersey.
Quote Reply
Re: Speed concept bento box [charlietris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thx. cheers : )
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use mine all the time.

I can get 6 gels in it or 4 gels and one clif bar no problem
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have done it a few ways.....

You can put 3 packs of shot blocks or 6 gu's in it pretty easy. I have clean it out really well, opened 4 packs of shot blocks and jammed them in there individually to eat one every 15 min on an IM. Hits my special needs bag, had a new set of pre opened blocks in a zip lock bag dumped them in the bento in seconds and took off. Just be creative....their is no right way.

There are a lot of things you can do. The draft box is a totally different matter. I have fit, 2 butyl tubes, 2 CO2, levers, etc and a cell phone. Its pretty big and the bike is faster with it than without.
Quote Reply
Re: Speed concept bento box [Rideon77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
love it. that's what i am talking about. i wouldnt have thought to get 4 packs of shot blocks in there... creative.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have done the bloks but I puncture the package to release air so I can cram them in there. I wish you could get the box Tim ODonnell has used which is nearly twice the size.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just out of curiosity, is there an oversized bento box for the Speed Concept out there somewhere?

I understand that there are a number of generic ones which could work using the top tube bosses, but I'm looking for larger ones which fit to match with the SC, the way the supplied Bontrager one does
Quote Reply