Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: M60 marathon world record [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:

the 1meter x 1meter location where you are using you computer is flat. Therefore, the earth is flat. Quit skirting the issue these shoes do indeed result in faster times. I guess we need to go back to times of roman olympics where athletes compete in the nude.

it is fun to look back and say, what would X have run with today's advances? It is fun to consider that maybe someone else would hold a record.

What you are doing is not fun. It feels oddly personal. Like you are personally hurt by this. You are not. You are a barely above average middle aged schmuck whose only chance to sniff greatness would be to work as the towelboy in a locker room. Get over it. A legitimate discussion about the technology can be had. But your tired self-righteous act can bugger off.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"roman olympics where athletes compete in the nude."

There were no Roman Olympics (they in fact banned them), there were Greek Olympics and the Greeks did just about everything in the nude, it's where the word Gymnasium comes from, gymnos meaning lightly clad or nude.

Not saying you don't know whereof you speak, but if this is the limit of your research I can understand your beliefs about shoes. Because this took about 3 minutes to research, while I made toast.
Last edited by: michael Hatch: Oct 30, 20 13:36
Quote Reply
Re: M60 marathon world record [JeffJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure what is more impressive - the 2:30 marathon or the average for 111 miles per week and not being injured at age 60? Below are a couple screenshots of his Strava (assuming it is accurately him). What stands out is that there isn't an all-time marathon pr listed. So from my experience that means Strava recorded the distance shorter than a full marathon or he hasn't uploaded the race yet. If that is the case then the guy definitely didn't taper for this! Do we know if the course was accurate? Even if it was off a bit - still an amazing effort at that age.

Quote Reply
Re: M60 marathon world record [michael Hatch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
michael Hatch wrote:
"roman olympics where athletes compete in the nude."

There were no Roman Olympics (they in fact banned them), there were Greek Olympics and the Greeks did just about everything in the nude, it's where the word Gymnasium comes from, gymnos meaning lightly clad or nude.

Not saying you don't whereof you speak, but if this is the limit of your research I can understand your beliefs about shoes. Because this took about 3 minutes to research, while I made toast.

I accept your correction
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
the 1meter x 1meter location where you are using you computer is flat. Therefore, the earth is flat. Quit skirting the issue these shoes do indeed result in faster times. I guess we need to go back to times of roman olympics where athletes compete in the nude.

Ironic.

I already said they make you faster. Just pointing out you're making up some numbers and completely misinterpreting others. They don't make you 6 minutes faster so he would have beat the record in any shoes. But your reading comprehension is as bad as your reasoning.
Quote Reply

Prev Next