Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Does anyone else love Triple Threat?
Quote | Reply
I'm looking at some posts and notice what all of you can say in 6 words, takes me a paragraph and Triple Threat a chapter. I just dig it. I like people who let ya know what they are thinking.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: Does anyone else love Triple Threat? [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Triple Threat is cool.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
reminds me of the story about an employee evaluation, where the employee was trying to convey his frustration with the other office workers seeming to ignore him. He said that, try as he may, come Hell or high water, working till the cows come home, people tended to get glassy-eyed, vacantly staring past him, as if he wasn't there, treating him like he was chopped liver. He just didn't understand what could possibly be wrong, be a problem, or a misunderstanding, or maybe he was just too friendly, or not friendly enough, or, etc. When I send out memos to office members, or write proposals, and/or correspondence to people outside our local office, where-ever that other office may be, I get the feeling, well, it's more of a suspicion than an actual feeling, but, I guess using the term feeling is close enough, anyway, I get the impression that people don't even read the whole memo, or letter, in it's entirety! When he finally was finally through, he asked, "What could it possibly be that is causing all this anxiety, malaise, and disrespect towards me?"

His boss cleared his throat and said, "Wordyness."

I'm guilty. I excuse it under the guise of accuracy, but, it's just wordyness.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nope, still annoying... now that Record9ti doesn't post often, TT is my "pet hate"... sorry... :-)

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not me he's sooooo rude he MUST be French! Own a DOG and walk it!!!!!!!!!!!

; )
Quote Reply
Re: Does anyone else love Triple Threat? [smartasscoach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If being your "Pet Hate" makes your life a little better, then I'm the man for the job. =)

Tibbsy ol pal ... while I appreciate the affection and will repay you with a hug; I'd rather not see my name in lights anymore.

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Quote Reply
Re: Does anyone else love Triple Threat? [TripleThreat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Suck it up buddy-boy, you're an honest-to-goodness minor celebrity on this board now!

mp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tibbs, Lola is jealous.

As for Triple Toe Loop, I mean Triple Threat, he's kinda' growing on me a little. Still a little wordy but I've come to accept that that's just Triple Threat. We should all give the guy a little break. He is certainly attaining celebrity status on this forum.

Team Endurance Nation
Quote Reply
Re: Does anyone else love Triple Threat? [tritoronto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You mean like Kato Kaelin?!

I'd rather be known for doing well in races and giving advice that helps others do well in races ... but I guess we take what we can get. Hopefully the success and experiences are on their way.

=======================
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I feel like I am in the movie Groundhog day...how many times will we do this thread?

The verdict has already been rendered - 1 person liked his posts, 1 person didn't, and they rest were undecided because they have never been able to stay awake and finish one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think Triple Threat is cool.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Does anyone else love Triple Threat? [Ready2run] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mr Tibbs, please excuse me for posting to another in a long line of board space wasting posts. I agree with Ready2run feeling like Bill Murray, and i know you're going to say well why did you read it if you don't like it? Well why post it if you know it's old. It's like telling a joke and then repeating the punchline another 20 times, only funny on the first go. As far as the long windedness of some posers...er posters I have come to truly appreciate my scrolling mouse.
Quote Reply
Re: Does anyone else love Triple Threat? [woodenshoes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder, if I stuffed one wodden shoe up your ass and the other in your mouth, would you stop spewing so much shit?

;-)

mp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure what your problem is. If nothing else my previous posts have expressed an opinion (like it or not), but I have'nt resorted to crude personal attacks on anyone yourself included. If you have a point to make then do it and back it up with some sort of discussion rather than a one line insult that required little if no effort on your part.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wouldn't say "Love" but I value the time and effort he puts into crafting his responses. Whether his opinions agree with mine or not.

My current favorite poster is Boothrand. That guys cracks me up every single time!

And that bit about him and the Sherpas... I wanna party with that guy... (Think Bill Murray in "Stripes")
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The opinion expressed in your posts has consistently been that we should all "stay on topic". My response to this is a simple one: if you don't like the so-called "off-topic" threads, don't read them. In addition, based on the various threads currently active on the forum, I would venture to say that there isn't anything which could be described as "off-topic" on this forum anymore, as it has evolved beyond triathlon-only discussions and become a kind of community (witness the reaction to the "re-birth" of Mr. Tibbs).

I have always admired the simplicity of the one-liner. First, you slag Triple Threat for his windiness, and now you're upset with me for my brevity? I don't get it.

p.s. It was a joke, hence the ;-).

mp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't think WS is against off-topic threads ... WS posted in the religion thread. I think WS is against anymore "TripleThreat" discussions. I agree. You either think I'm a dick or you don't. You either like me or you don't. I either like you or I don't. I'm not gonna change to please you, and you're not gonna change to please me. So, let's move on.

I want to see some of these complainers actually post on topic. They know who I'm talking about, if I need to call someone out to get them headed in the right direction (positive board contributions) I'll be happy to do that. Folks were coming out of the woodwork bitching about off-topic threads, and that's where it stopped ... just bitching (I'm shocked). It didn't change anything b/c it was just words, no action. Improve the board by posting meaningful stuff in on-topic threads. Stop adding to the detrioration by adding in bitches and moans about what "other people are doing or talking about".

The best way to get rid of off-topic posts that you don't like is to start a meaningfull, interesting on-topic discussion.

For those that think I'm cool ... So do I. ;)

=======================
Last edited by: TripleThreat: Feb 13, 04 8:32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fair enough, as others on this board have made declarations of one sort or another I declare that as of today i will never again make comment on "off topic threads". I further agree that from now on if I don't like'em i won't read'em, enough said. As far as where the wooden shoes were going I guess I'm not computer savvy enough to know that ;-) means your joking. If you had been long winded or in this case brief I still would have interpreted it the same way. When something gets written as opposed to expressed verbally it's not hard to take things differently than they were intended.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have to admit that I enjoy many of his posts, although, I typically only skim them. Dude. You are wordy... not that there's anything wrong with that. But at least you're a fairly new "face" on this board. I've lurked for a while, and posted a few times. It seems that until a Triple Threat shows up, we have the same people posting the same shit all the time, whether it be The Lance-of-the-day post, Campy v. ShimaNO, Someone's latest relationship woes, or kissing Dan's or Tom D's ass (you guys do know you're stuff, but if you ever have self esteem issues, I can see why this board would be great validation for you).

Keep up the posting, TT. I, for one, find it refreshing and honest, if a little wordy.

-------------------------------------
Steve Perkins
Quote Reply
Re: Does anyone else love Triple Threat? [TripleThreat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TT, I can't say that i was against anymore "TT" discussions as much as non tri related issues. As far as bitching I did offer on 2 occasions my solution of 2 forums, 1 for tri 1 for not same as discussions and classifieds. As I posted earlier my comments on the non-tri topics ends today. As far as posting on topic I found the topic on the CH aero covers and the homemade version very valuable and participated because i was interested in this setup. I am not against the off topic threads, like you said I did post on the religion thread. But if we seperated them in to their own forum then everyones posts tri or not get to stay on page 1 a little longer for more people to see. If this happens great, if it doesn't I will pick and choose and go with the consensus that the board is the way it is because the people who post on it want it the way.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree with the "2 forums" if the OffT gets "too numerous". So far it seems to me that much of it stays in one, really long thread. I don't know that we need 2 forums ... yet. If that pleases everyone, I'm for it.

Forums are cyclical ... the same topics always come up, month after month. They need discussed once and that's about it. People can post a link to the thread that already has discussed the topic. Off topic threads arise because current events are new and exciting (not justifying just opining the origin).

Anytime folks get together for any reason (church meeting, home improvement, business meeting, dinner, etc), after a certain period of time, discussions are going to turn off-topic. It's the nature of human discussion. It'll happen. The important thing is to make sure that OnT stuff always gets replies.

I guess I've always looked at message boards as not being so much a Q&A type thing but more like a "community of like-minded individuals shooting the breeze about anything and everything". Message boards are also very convenient discussion. I guess I always figured that if a place wanted to have *only* intelligent Q&A's, they'd just have the most knowledgeable people (with time) answer e-mailed or posted questions and let everyone else read them from an archive or something.

Does 14 sentences equal one chapter? If not, I can always edit and add more. :-])

=======================
Last edited by: TripleThreat: Feb 13, 04 9:08
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dude, you just "commented" again. We will never again be able to trust anything you say;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tibbs and TT are two of my favorite posters. Screw conformism.
Quote Reply
Re: Does anyone else love Triple Threat? [aardvark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think woodenshoes is trying to steal Triple Threat's celebrity status. Aint' gonna happen. By the way Triple Threat, you're not an English teacher are you? Was reading your post on Advil/NSAIDs and noticed you spelled alleviate as "eleviate." ;)

Team Endurance Nation
Quote Reply
Re: Does anyone else love Triple Threat? [QuintanaRooster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Naw, I ain't. =)

Speeling? Who the hell needs Sphelling? Uzing shellcpeck is a waist uv my thyme.

=======================
Quote Reply