Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Missing posts in threads
Quote | Reply
I seem to be missing posts on some threads. Specifically almost all the chat during the hour attempt and most of what was said afterwards. Anyone else having similar issues there or on other threads? I tried deleting my cache but didn't seem to work.
Quote Reply
Re: Missing posts in threads [FuzzyRunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FuzzyRunner wrote:
I seem to be missing posts on some threads. Specifically almost all the chat during the hour attempt and most of what was said afterwards. Anyone else having similar issues there or on other threads? I tried deleting my cache but didn't seem to work.
Same on the hour record thread
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i believe the great majority of the posts are still there. a previously banned shitbag snuck in under a new account, posted his typical shitbaggy stuff, and was re-banned, and his posts deleted. when i do that, i also delete the posts of those who posted to him, otherwise those posts don't make a lot of sense sitting out there in the void. perhaps your posts were among them.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Missing posts in threads [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure. One post in particular I asked DTD about posting the data from yesterdays attempt. I received an email saying that he responded but when I when to check the post isn't there and neither is my original post to him. Are you seeing that on your end? Or maybe just one of his posts that just says "78F" (I asked the group what Lionel had just showed us in the live stream and DTD replied with the temperature)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i don't know what to tell you. obviously most of the posts are still there. i don't know why any are - or would be - missing other than for the reason i told you. i have no other explanation. it certainly wasn't any affirmative act taken on our part.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think I know the source of what happened. I kind of joked that the cycling world will take serious notice of this achievement (I am surprised that neither cyclingnews nor velonews has covered this as it is right in the mix of all time performance at the hour in this position) and I said, "now we just need Lance and George to talk about it on WEDU". This then resulted in some discussion about the history of blood transfusions and doping going back to Moser's times and how Lionel's achievements was even more impressive given what was going on in the 80's and 90's vs the clamp on athletes dotday. The poster you mentioned jumped in at some point I believe when the name of Lance was mentioned. But I am pretty sure there were several posts from you, Rapp and others before that poster came in that evaporated too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No big deal to me! Thanks for responding. I was just making sure it wasn't something screwed up on my end. Or something that maybe you weren't aware of and needed to check in on. Thanks again!
Quote Reply
Re: Missing posts in threads [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yea I wasn't keeping up with the thread very regularly so I missed most of that. Could easily see some posts getting lost in the mix when some "clean up" needs to take place.

Did you happen to see DTD's response about whether they were going to release Lionel's data?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FuzzyRunner wrote:
Yea I wasn't keeping up with the thread very regularly so I missed most of that. Could easily see some posts getting lost in the mix when some "clean up" needs to take place.

Did you happen to see DTD's response about whether they were going to release Lionel's data?

he's posting in the lionel hour thread this morning. you should ask him there.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
i don't know what to tell you. obviously most of the posts are still there. i don't know why any are - or would be - missing other than for the reason i told you. i have no other explanation. it certainly wasn't any affirmative act taken on our part.
FYI I noticed this as well. I saw Fuzzy Runner's question yesterday regarding Lionel's data and was curious about the response. But the post was missing today.
Quote Reply
Re: Missing posts in threads [Apollo71] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Apollo71 wrote:
Slowman wrote:

FYI I noticed this as well. I saw Fuzzy Runner's question yesterday regarding Lionel's data and was curious about the response. But the post was missing today.

i believe this has been explained, and in the post just above i referred the reader to DTD, who is spending some time in the operative thread on lionel's hour.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply