Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Srm problem
Quote | Reply
Just got it back after an awful long wait. They replaced my circuit board, supposedly “water intrusion” happened. I sent it in because the battery was low.
Installed it on my bike, my 820 finds it but it doesn’t read power. And when I calibrate it the offset reads 0. Tried repositioning the magnet to no avail. Anyone have this issue? I’m beyond frustrated with this thing. Wish I would have put the 400 to a Quarq
Quote Reply
Re: Srm problem [ridenfish39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Man, that sucks. My SRM is my favorite PM out of the four I use (4iiii, Quarq, P2M). It's been rock solid with no issues, but it was a factory replacement for the one that had the battery die prematurely in 2012. Back then service was awesome and turnaround quick. At $400, I'm curious why you didn't go with the upgrade? Hopefully you get it sorted on a much shorter timeline this go-round. Disappointing to hear SRM might be slipping at least in this case.

FWIW, Quarq ranks as #4 on my list and the P2M would likely be 1a if I was ranking....

My YouTubes

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is it reading cadence? It should not read 0 when you do a zero offset it should read 400-599ish. If you can get your hands on a PC8 confirm that the slope is correct. Try to put the magnet as close as possible to the Powermeter. Set it up on the trainer and do some hard stomps on it. If you have it in the stand and rotating the crank, power usually won’t display because it’s too low but cadence will as long as it’s above 35rpm.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you have a cadence reading? Only other thing I would try is to unpair it and then repair it again. Also, make sure auto zero is turned off on your Garmin. If that doesn’t work, I would call SRM.

I waited like 7 weeks to get my SRM back after I sent it in for a battery replacement. I never heard anything from them in the first 6 weeks until I finally emailed them and asked for an update. They did respond right away and said my pm would be completed the next day and then shipped back.

I have 2 srm’s and they have worked flawlessly. But I’m ready to move on. SRM is the next racermate. It’s only a matter of time.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Srm problem [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can’t even get my 820 to find the Srm now. I’m beyond pissed off.
ITs a Cannondale Srm so no rechargeable option for it. I’m calling them Monday and demanding a refund. I’ll put it toward something that works. I have a Quarq and power2max that have been issue free
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So they are trying to blame garmin for this. Even though I tried to pair it to Zwift as well. They act like I’m a newbee at this.
Does anyone have a number for SRM where I can actually talk to a human being?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
719 266 4127

Amateur recreational hobbyist cyclist
https://www.strava.com/athletes/337152
https://vimeo.com/user11846099
Quote Reply
Re: Srm problem [refthimos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
refthimos wrote:
719 266 4127

Thanks!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So the power meter quit working totally. Wouldn’t pair with any of my 3 garmins or zwift.
They tell me to send it back after multiple email exchanges.
Today I get an email saying they got a mystery power meter from me and I need to fill out the form in order for work to be performed. What the f**k. They knew it was my meter from the serial number. I sent back a screen shot of the message they sent telling me to send it in.
I’ll try calling and seeing if I can get a human to answer Monday.
Quote Reply