Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Debate #3 [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
I was paying attention to their interaction when she walked up to him. No different than your average staffer, except fewer smiles. But no one in under the illusion that it's a normal marriage. Or maybe it is somewhat normal, given how vastly one marriage differs from the next.

The Biden's affection and support is pretty hard to miss by contrast, though. They seem like happy people in a happy relationship. Very different people from the Trumps.

Probably because their marriage started off because they loved each other; not because one was young and beautiful and the other was rich and famous.
Quote Reply
Re: Debate #3 [Steve Hawley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
so Steve, then clearly you know the difference between a person who is simply expressing a point of view (one of the corner stones of democracy you were sowing I assume) and someone trying to sow disinformation, discord, or plain trying to intimidate and kill people who are trying to generate the circumstances for a freely democratic vote and system. Only someone who can not see outside their own borders would not take an interest in political turmoil of their nearest neighbour and have an opinion. Accept that the US democracy is damaged and that people outside may actually have a lens that is quite different from the echo chamber that is the US media. Canadians who share your border do take US politics seriously, because when you sleep next to an elephant you have to be concerned when they are going to roll over.
Quote Reply
Re: Debate #3 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Winner: Fact checkers' job security
Loser: All of the small business/restaurants in the neighborhood of the Curb Hall who had to close for most of this week and lost business.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Debate #3 [s5100e] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Canadians who share your border do take US politics seriously, because when you sleep next to an elephant you have to be concerned when they are going to roll over.

I may be wrong but I don't remember any complaint about Canadian "interference" in elections when Obama was running. It seems to be complaints from those supporting Trump. It's strange.

I also find it a little odd because if someone in America changes their vote because a Canadian makes a comment on a triathlon board, then maybe they have no clue about who they should vote for and are influenced far too easily. The Russian bots target those people for good reason. I don't like Trudeau here and if someone from another country supported him and kept trying to convince me how great he is, why on earth would that change my vote?

I'd love it if more Americans or those living in other countries commented on our politics. It means they are worldly and concerned about the world and not only their own country. It's a global world now and isolationism is long gone.

I lived in Thailand and am actively engaged with what is going on there with the protests and have dialog with friends there daily. My wife is Filipino and I lived there and also follow politics there. I've never felt that I'm trying to influence anyone. The odd thing is that the only time I heard someone from one of those countries say something about me being a foreigner was when they were defending Duterte, a Dictator. I never heard that from anyone in their Liberal party or from anyone concerned about the miliary dictatorship in Thailand.
Quote Reply
Re: Debate #3 [s5100e] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I certainly do recognize that. Outside commentary is to be welcomed and considered.

Outright attempts to influence current political processes on the other hand? Whether they are mortar attacks or EFP IEDs coming out of Iran---or lame ass repetitive commentary from such as Blep, are just not welcome.

Tocqueville's commentary upon democracy in America--cool

Bleps constant interjection and lame attempts to influence--not so much

Steve
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Steve Hawley wrote:
I certainly do recognize that. Outside commentary is to be welcomed and considered.

Outright attempts to influence current political processes on the other hand? Whether they are mortar attacks or EFP IEDs coming out of Iran---or lame ass repetitive commentary from such as Blep, are just not welcome.

What is your opinion of the widespread efforts by the Republican party to disenfranchise voters in various ways?
Quote Reply
Re: Debate #3 [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
when did you stop beating your wife?

Steve
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Steve Hawley wrote:

Never has a croc wearing Canadian taken over as much land mass controlled by a US Army solider as BLeP has done in your head with his posts in the LR.

Let it go, brother.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Debate #3 [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
jharris wrote:
jmh wrote:
jharris wrote:
chaparral wrote:
Not much evidence people are thinking trump won or this helped trump.

Who believes the poll’s? I’m not certain that seems correct.

Oddly the polls on who won the debate correlate to polls on who people support. I assume you have chosen not to believe any of the polls.

I feel that the polls are a way to swing voters who are on the fence for a confidante to manipulate their thought process on who to vote for. I suppose I think a fair election should be like a wrapped Xmas gift.... not a gift with a note on the top telling you the weight of the box and a corner of the wrapping paper torn.

Are there any on the fence /undecided voters still? I doubt it.

Quoted just cause I enjoy the anchor/pundits reactions...

In the supposedly most battlegroundiest state, a good poll came out today from Muhlenberg College: In PA only 4% are undecided (±5.5). 2% undecided
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WILCO

out

Steve
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Steve Hawley wrote:
when did you stop beating your wife?

You really need me to provide specific examples? You really haven’t been paying attention, have you?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Steve Hawley wrote:

Outright attempts to influence current political processes on the other hand?

https://fivethirtyeight.com/...e-it-harder-to-vote/

And when you have time to watch, this has been the playbook since 2008:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
“Never has a croc wearing Canadian taken over as much land mass controlled by a US Army solider as BLeP has done in your head with his posts in the LR.”

A latecomer and now front runner for LR Quip of the Year. Bravo, sir.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply

Prev Next