Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Really Strange Zwift Issue This Morning
Quote | Reply
Had a strange issue with Zwift this morning I have neve had before and wanted to see if this has happened to others and if so what the fix would be. Once I logged in and linked up my Wahoo Kickr and HR monitor I had a repeated problem where my bike would not move forward and my avatar was invisible except for hair and sunglasses. This happened a couple times and each time I would turn off Zwift and then restart to try it get it going. After thinking it was fixed, I warmed up fr 20' and raced the Watopia 31k race at 8:25 am and it was fine until about 31 minutes into the race when it all froze again: my bike and all bikes around me stopped moving, the clock stopped and all avatars were invisible except hair/sunglasses, though the graphics in the background were still working - dolphins swimming in the tunnel, etc. At first I thought maybe it had happened to everyone but afterward I saw on zwiftpower that everyone else had finished the race. Really frustrating as I was hanging with A pack (a good day for me) and only had about another 10 minutes to go to the finish

This is the first time this has happened. I use a Wahoo Kickr and HR monitor in conjunction with an ipad which is wired to a monitor screen and have had this set up for about 2 years with zero issues. I wrote to Zwift customer service but have not heard back. Any insights or advice on similar experiences/fixes would be greatly appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: Really Strange Zwift Issue This Morning [jsmith] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zwift is a quality program :D

Seriously though, you've done the right thing filing a bug report. There's also the zwift forums that has a bug section.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
definitely not a common issue. I vaguely feel like I've heard of this happening, but I can definitely say this is pretty unique... What platform are you on?

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Really Strange Zwift Issue This Morning [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rappstar wrote:
definitely not a common issue. I vaguely feel like I've heard of this happening, but I can definitely say this is pretty unique... What platform are you on?

jsmith wrote:
I use a Wahoo Kickr and HR monitor in conjunction with an ipad which is wired to a monitor screen and have had this set up for about 2 years with zero issues.
Last edited by: Kickr: Oct 20, 20 12:31
Quote Reply
Re: Really Strange Zwift Issue This Morning [Kickr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd just force kill the app. Mobile devices are way more prone to memory errors because you don't fully kill the app. it's rare with an issue like this that force killing the app doesn't correct it. But I am sorry.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Really Strange Zwift Issue This Morning [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jordan,
Thanks for the reply. In the end, I think it was an internet connection issue. Later in the day my wife called to let me know she was having issue with the internet at home so she rebooted the system. Raced again this morning and it was alright - no issues. One question, though: what does it mean to force kill an app?
Jack
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jsmith wrote:
...One question, though: what does it mean to force kill an app?
Jack
I think you just concentrate really hard and try to close it that way.
It may help to say "shut down, you will"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The iPad just updated to the new iOS, could be a problem. Also, remember to turn your iPad completely off and on occasionally, iPad has a knack to corrupt temp files and prefetch data since it’s never turned off

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jsmith wrote:
Jordan,
Thanks for the reply. In the end, I think it was an internet connection issue. Later in the day my wife called to let me know she was having issue with the internet at home so she rebooted the system. Raced again this morning and it was alright - no issues. One question, though: what does it mean to force kill an app?
Jack

you need to actually close the app. So bring up the application "roulette" and then swipe Zwift up - https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201330

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a similar thing it turned out that I had my ANT+ sensor too close to my wifi dongle and was interfering with the signal My PC turned Zwift into a slideshow. After I unplugged the ANT+ sensor it returned to normal.

Quote Reply