Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are you and how was your week? Oct. 19 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you? How was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Oct. 19 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi TC,

Thanks for getting us started. Been thinkin' about you out there.

I'm all right. My workouts went all right last week. I missed a ride, for the most BingTri reasons ever; I needed to spend what daylight time I had in the garden, getting ready for winter, so I was going to do trainer work at night. That evening, my husband was having a bit of a recording project crisis. His equipment is in the basement, with my trainer... So, I can't be on my trainer when my husband is having a recording crisis.

Anyway, this week I am swamped with midterm grading, and my workouts remain kinda light, focused on run form. I'm also starting to feel a little sore all over, like the stress of 2020, and maybe the weather turning colder? Is fostering a bit of extra tension in my body. I'm foam rolling and stretching a lot, but I don't feel like I have a great handle on it. Am torn between getting a massage and saving my money for a tribike so I can look super "cool" as I amp up for the full IM next year.

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Oct. 19 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello! I haven't been on this site in a good bit. Abbreviated tri background: I've completed 3 full IM, but they've been very spread out--07, 08, and 2018 (Chatt, sans swim). I was signed up for Chatt 2020, now 2021. But my biggest love is trail running. When Chatt was cancelled I immediately switched gears and started trail running more. I'm signed up for a 50K this Saturday, so currently tapering, Mtn Mist 50K in January, and Lake Martin 50 miler in March. Then I'll refocus on IM. I currently keep up my swim 2X a week, but not doing much biking. I've had a calf pull that I'm really trying to nurse along. I plan to take 10 days off after the 50k (from running). My plan is to only swim, lift weights, and do yoga. When I'm not training, I'm a high school English teacher and a content evaluator for Western Governor's Univ. My goal is to become more active in Slowtwitch again as I miss the tri community!
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Oct. 19 Edition [trigirl102] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Welcome (back)! We also have a weekly google hangouts happy hour if you want to really dive in with us :-)

Dr TC - how are you doing?
Bing - it's tempting to skip the massage but there's no point having a cool bike if you're too broken to ride it!

Over here there's been more running but there may be some enforced rest days because I think I stretched something a little too far during my easy trail run a few days ago. I've also been doing a bit of yoga. I have signed up to swim 4 times this week, two of them in the new pool, which is stainless steel!
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Oct. 19 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the whole thing is stainless steel? Interesting!

I'm okay - I've had an up and down week of anxiety and stress. There has been some good stuff fortunately.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The bottom has a liner on it (super squishy and grippy), but the walls are visible. You can see the welds and everything. Here's a short video clip about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DA-wl16Wy8

Hurray for the good stuff. Fingers crossed for more of it.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? Oct. 19 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it looks normal! I had images of a shiny metallic bowl LOL

Quote Reply