Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Transferring an Overseas IM to a US IM - any success?
Quote | Reply
Has anyone been successful requesting a transfer of an overseas Ironman to a US one? And I'm asking those living in the US/Canada since this is my situation. We are Americans and were signed up for IM Wales 2020 and deferred to 2021 but have decided we want to do an IM in the US where we don't have to fly. I just put in the ticket with this request a couple hours ago.

Were you able to get your transfer? And how long did you have to wait for a reply to your "ticket"?

I realize it could take a while. I'm sure thousands of athletes are trying to figure out their future racing plans in 2021 and have various requests into Ironman Helpdesk.

Death is easy....peaceful. Life is harder.
Last edited by: 70Trigirl: Oct 16, 20 8:58
Quote Reply
Re: Transferring an Overseas IM to a US IM - any success? [70Trigirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have had a few overseas athletes in the Oceanic area try to get into races in other countries to no avail. This was pre buyout. Times may have changed.

Good luck!

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Transferring an Overseas IM to a US IM - any success? [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
I have had a few overseas athletes in the Oceanic area try to get into races in other countries to no avail. This was pre buyout. Times may have changed.

Good luck!

Oh that is frustrating! I'm sorry to learn this. I hope they will be able to race in the countries they choose.

Part of me is ready to just pay the entry fee into the US race I'm considering in 2021 and just eat the loss of IM Wales realizing it's a pandemic and so many people have lost a lot more than entry fees. But at the same time we are not made of money either. It would be great to just transfer to a nearby US IM and race in Wales someday. I'll just wait and hope IM responds with good news. I certainly don't mind paying a transfer fee.

Death is easy....peaceful. Life is harder.
Quote Reply