Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Continental Grand Prix TT vs Continental GP Attack.
Quote | Reply
Ok so does anyone have any experience with the Conti GP TT tire?
I have a set of HED Jet Plus wheels that per HED the Conti GP Attack 22mm was supposed to be the best aero match for the rims.
Raced them numerous times with no issue but I wonder if Im sacrificing some rolling resistance.
Supposedly the GP TT is faster but at the expense of less puncture resistance.
Is it worth the trade off?
I know I race on some not too perfect roads sometimes and I hate to have a flat.
Quote Reply
Re: Continental Grand Prix TT vs Continental GP Attack. [Dudaddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dudaddy wrote:
I have a set of HED Jet Plus wheels that per HED the Conti GP Attack 22mm was supposed to be the best aero match for the rims.
Raced them numerous times with no issue but I wonder if Im sacrificing some rolling resistance.
I know I race on some not too perfect roads sometimes and I hate to have a flat.

You might be going off old information. Why not the 23mm GP5000? Rolls effectively as fast as the TT, but with better puncture protection. Also pretty aero.
Quote Reply
Re: Continental Grand Prix TT vs Continental GP Attack. [Dudaddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ve ran the TT with no issues. It’s still my tire of choice on the rear for racing with a super sonic on the front.

blog
Last edited by: stevej: Oct 16, 20 11:13
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've also had no issues with flats racing on the TT for a couple years now. A couple of the roads were not great and I was nervous but had no problems. I'm racing a 70.3 this Sunday on the TT but that's just because I have a couple I only raced on once (thanks to Covid). I'll probably switch to the GP5000 for racing next year because they seem to be just as fast.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dudaddy wrote:

Aerocoach UK has tested most of the fastest tires for rolling resistance and aero in tunnel and on velodrome.

There is no more Attack II 22 production it has been replaced with the Attack III 23. I’ve never seen this tire tested for performance. Aerocoach is currently testing it and the latest Supersonic so the results should be posted soon.
Quote Reply
Re: Continental Grand Prix TT vs Continental GP Attack. [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Per the Aerocoach data, I might consider running 5000 in the front and TT in the back. The 5000 seems to trade off some rolling resistance (TT better by 3w) for aero savings (GP 5000 better by 1.7w). The net Aero + rolling resistance seems to still favor the TT, but the added puncture resistance of the 5000 might be worth the 1.5w difference. In the rear, there's little aero benefit to be had.

BUT.....

bicycle rolling resistance says only 0.3 watts better for the TT. If that's the case, the 5000 would not only be faster due to the aero improvements, but also have better puncture resistance.

https://www.aero-coach.co.uk/gp-5000-tubeless-data
https://www.bicyclerollingresistance.com/road-bike-reviews/compare/continental-grand-prix-5000-2018-vs-continental-grand-prix-tt-2016#rr

Different tire sizes and testing protocols withstanding.....
Last edited by: mgreer: Oct 16, 20 9:55
Quote Reply
Re: Continental Grand Prix TT vs Continental GP Attack. [SummitAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We’ve tested the Attack 3 for Crr but not for aero, it’s similar to a GP5000 for Crr, Supersonic is the quickest Conti tyre available, results out next week :)

AeroCoach UK
http://www.aero-coach.co.uk
Quote Reply