Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cannondale HG Hollowgram wheel out of true
Quote | Reply
Hi,
I was just out on a ride and my rear derailleur just broke off and in the process it got tangled up in the rear wheel. Once I was able to get the rear derailleur un lodged from rear wheel I discovered the rear wheel is out of true. Can you carbon wheel be trued? Oh yeah doing about 18 and the bike literally seized up on me while I was taking a drink and I managed to not crash! That there is a victory lol

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale HG Hollowgram wheel out of true [ginofairplay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, it can be trued.
Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale HG Hollowgram wheel out of true [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hoping you're right I spoke to a local bike shop and they said often carbon wheels can't be trued.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You should never give that bike shop a single penny.
Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale HG Hollowgram wheel out of true [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks sir for the advice. It tore up my trek madden frame pretty bad. I don't think anything structural, just some serious gouges. I'll probably offer it to someone for next to nothing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carbon rims don't bend into a new shape like a metal rim, so this suggests that you damaged a spoke or two. I would look for a loose spoke and then look carefully where that spoke goes into the rim. As long as the rim isn't damaged, and it is most likely to be damaged at the spoke/rim interface, you should have no issues with fixing the wheel. And, like someone already mentioned, you should go to a different shop.
Quote Reply