Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How good are the Pirelli P Zero Velo tires vs. Conti or Vittorias?
Quote | Reply
I'm looking at how they compare to the GP5000 or 4000ii or the Vittoria Corsa?

I want tan/gumwall tires for all around performance
Quote Reply
Re: How good are the Pirelli P Zero Velo tires vs. Conti or Vittorias? [MarioTB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm running them on my road bike, black sidewalls with the special edition red writing....purchased from Wiggle I believe So far the wear and ride is similar to the GP5000 I had on this bike previous to the Pirelli. The tires seem a little noisier, but maybe that's just in my head. Very satisfied and would buy again.
Quote Reply
Re: How good are the Pirelli P Zero Velo tires vs. Conti or Vittorias? [MarioTB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This has been done to death already.

Very simple. To save us all telling you our opinions and experiences with these tyres which will no doubt leave you confused, I politely suggest you go to two websites - the Aerocoach Uk site and the bicycle rolling resistance site. https://www.bicyclerollingresistance.com/
Quote Reply
Re: How good are the Pirelli P Zero Velo tires vs. Conti or Vittorias? [chgrubb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, I don't know much about that, just asking if they are good for all around, like the Contis are supposed to be; or if they are more for racing, such as the Vittorias.
Quote Reply
Re: How good are the Pirelli P Zero Velo tires vs. Conti or Vittorias? [WHITEJM74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Continental doesn't make those tires with tan sidewalls.
Quote Reply
Re: How good are the Pirelli P Zero Velo tires vs. Conti or Vittorias? [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow! I have never seen that special edition tire!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've run vittorias for years as my prime race tyre, have had GP4000 in the past and tried the P Zeros 2 years ago.

The P Zeros are pretty lethal out the box as they come with a mould release gel on them - so make sure you run them in on dry roads first, not head out early after an overnight shower on a hilly route. I learnt this from first hand experience that resulted in the need for a new pair of bike shorts....

After that then I personally had a bit of bad luck with a blowout and punctures. Same happened to me with the GP4000s. Could have been bad batch, bad luck, but whatever, it for me meant that I swapped back to what's worked for me for years.

So not much useful there other than that bit about running them in on dry roads.
Quote Reply